Thursday 13 June 2019

Toy Story is the greatest kids film of all time?

A nationwide poll has revealed that, when it comes to children’s films, it isn’t only our kids who can’t get enough of them. Nine in ten of the 2,000 adults surveyed admit that they still LOVE watching kid’s movies, with one in four going to the cinema to watch new releases whether they have a youngster with them or not.

I love films aimed at kids. They are easy to watch, funny and mostly have a good story to them. They always seem to give me cosy, happy feeling too.

According to the survey the 1995 computer-animated adventure Toy Story is the greatest kids film of all time.


I remember being about 15/16 years old, I was supposed to be going swimming with friends but I had an accident while washing up and cut my hand badly with a glass. I cut my knuckle and had those steri-strips on so couldn't get it wet. A cinema trip was arranged instead and Toy Story was the only thing just about to start when we arrived so went for that. It was fab! As teenagers my friends and I shouldn't have loved it but we did.

As an adult I also went to see Toy Story 2 at the cinema but had to wait to see Toy Story 3 on DVD. Hmmf.

The kids were and still are big fans of the films. My first ever blog post was Toy Story related. All about how Becky bought Ellie a Buzz Lightyear toy from a school bring and buy sale. The same one Ellie had been asking for, for months which I had actually bought and hidden away for Christmas. lol


Ellie still has her two Buzz Lightyear's and refuses to part with them. Only this week when I was doing some packing to move we had a bit of an argument about me wanting to send them to the charity shop. She won and they are in a box, ready to be moved. For a good couple of years I have tried throwing away Mr Potato head. When lots of the bits are missing I go to throw it out and the missing bits always seem to appear. It must be magic.

Next week Toy Story 4 is released at the cinema and we of course want see it. We will be taking a visit to the cinema sometime over the summer holidays. I said to the kids it's OK if they didn't want to come, I would go myself but they want to see it just as much as I do!

Nine years after Andy left for college, the toy box is being opened once more in Toy Story 4. Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy.



Do you like the Toy Story films? Will you be seeing the new one?

5 comments :

  1. I love Toy Story and I'm so excited to see the new one, I love that there are some new characters in it. I remember going to buy the first film on video cassette, it's certainly a film that has stood the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Toy Story! My boys have the toys too. We can't wait to watch the new one, I think I'm more excited than the kids! Hehe :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've watched all 3 Toy Story films I don't how many times and I still tear up at that but in the third one. I cannot wait for the fourth one to come out. Don't care if I have to go and see it myself I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't actually shown our three ant of the Toy Story movies - we better catch up in time for Toy Story 4! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Toy Story but wasn't so keen on Toy Story Two so I didn't watch Three. Maybe I should go back and watch them all before Four comes out.

    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete