Wednesday 3 April 2019

Sentences that I wish my girls would utter, just once!

Some days all I feel like all I do is nag my girls, especially on a morning when they are getting ready for school. They are 11 and 16 and have been getting ready for school for years. They know what to do and what's expected of them. It's annoying!


I ask my girls the same things over and over, repeating myself every day! It's frustrating for me and them. Now and again I dream that just once they would surprise me and say these things.

"Can I go to bed early tonight?"
Some days they know they are tired and when they are they will bicker with each other, be moody and are not nice to be around. All they have to do is have an early night but they don't. Grr! When they are older they will regret not taking the chance to sleep. hehehe

"Thank you for tidying my bedroom."
The girls tidy their bedrooms each Saturday and sometimes by the middle of the week the rooms are messy again. When I go in to put their clean clothes away I will tidy up. It's always noticeable the work I do but they never say thank you. Never! I keep threatening not to bother but the knowing the mess is there stresses me out!

"I’ve put all my clothes in the laundry basket."
This will never happen! On Friday evening I spent a good few of hours reminding my teen she needed to bring down her dirty uniform. She did eventually but wouldn't have if I hadn't have nagged! Ellie's laundry basket is her bedroom floor. lol

"I’ve watched enough TV for one day."
The kids sometimes watch TV in bed before they go to sleep and it's always, five more minutes or just one more episode with them. If I didn't make them switch their TV off they would fall asleep with it on.

"I can see you’re on the phone, so I’m going to be quiet!"
I thought that when my girls got older they would respect the fact that I was speaking on the phone. In fact they seem to get louder and more needy when I am on the phone. Why, just why! 

"Let me tell you about what I learnt at school today."
When the girls were younger I just thought they couldn't tell me about their day because there was so much information to take in but now when they say they didn't learn anything or can't remember. It's not good, especially with my teen taking her GCSE's in a couple of months!! Eek!

"Oh, you’re in the bathroom, I’ll just wait."
I would love this. When the kids are in the house I never get to pee in peace unless they are asleep. If they are on the loo they get to take as long as they like despite me shouting hurry up, I'm going to pee myself. That happens most mornings. I can hardly hold that first wee in. lol

"Of course I don’t need to buy anything in this shop."
I don't think I have ever been in the shop where the kids have wanted nothing. That includes DIY shops, paint shops, chemists and every other random shop you can think of! They always find something they want or need!

Is there anything that you wish your kids would say to you?

4 comments :

  1. oh. my. goodness. This is the ultimate wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like some traits run through the ages #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely, also...can I go outside for some fresh air, I don't want to use my laptop today, Yes, I'll have that for tea...I think I could keep on going! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe! I wish my boys would say some of these too. Every time I answer the phone it sounds like I'm standing in a football stadium! And I stand there waving my arms like a kind of sign language for 'Shut up' lol x

    ReplyDelete