Tuesday 19 March 2019

There is a lot that I don't share.

I blog a lot, every day and I have for over 6 years. I share a lot of mine and my families life online. I obviously share the good. The days out, the proud parenting moments and fun things we get up to and sometimes I share the bad. The times my girls are total brats, when they are in trouble and some of the rubbish days.

People seem to think that because I am sharing the good and the bad I am sharing everything but that just isn't true.


As much as I do share there is lots in my life that I don't. I seem to share more of my thoughts on here and more of every day things which are happening in my life on Twitter and Instagram but there is still so much that I keep to myself.

Recently on Twitter someone said to me that Ellie keeps me on my toes more than Becky does as far as school is concerned but to be honest I don't share much about Becky's school life. Becky does have her moments at school but I am very careful about what I share. She has had issues with bullies in the past and I don't want anything I write on here to be used against her. She only has a few months left at school and I want them to be hassle free.


 Ellie has been a little diva lately at school when it comes to doing homework. She "forgot" about some maths homework a couple of weekends ago and sat on Monday morning rushing through it, guessing for most of the answers. Her teacher obviously realised this and gave her a detention and another sheet of homework to do. She objected at the extra homework and didn't do it so she got another detention which she totally deserved. Time will tell if she gets more of the extra homework to do and whether she does it? When she says that she's done the homework and handed it in there isn't much I can do but I will make sure she goes to every detention she gets.

For every photo that I put up of my girls there is at least 20 that I don't. I ask my girls permission to take photos of them and they always approve or decline the photos. Even the one's where Ellie has been in a mood or Becky has screwed her face up has been ran past them first.

This photo below is a prime example of a moody child. lol We visited Alnwick Castle last year and Ellie was in a mood. At the time she wouldn't have agreed to let me post it but now she laughs about it. 


In fact every blog post I write including the girls is ran by them first. It's not often they ask for me not to mention something but if they did object to anything I write I wouldn't hesitate to remove it.

My dad has had health issues over the last couple of years. He had a stroke which I didn't talk about at the time and then he had a serious accident which resulted in a rush to the hospital. I was all set to jump on a train to be with him because it sounded so bad but thankfully he was fine. He was poorly at the start of the month with a sickness bug and it was a big worry. I keep his personal life quiet. It is hard because my dad is a huge part of my life even though he lives nearly 200 miles from me. I am sure if I lived closer he would be more a part of my blog.

People who read my blog think this is my life in words. It is to an extent but there is so much that I don't say on here. Just remember, everything I say on here is true but sometimes I will just tell half a story to respect my families privacy and sometimes there is a story which I won't tell at all.

6 comments :

  1. I've found my blog has totally changed now the children are older. Aiden hasn't wanted me to blog about him for a few years now and if I do want to mntion him, I always ask him first.
    As with your 2, my 2 approve any photos that I want to use and I've removed a blog post from a few years ago that KayCee didn't mind at the time, but didn't like anymore.
    I'm going to be doing more recipes and craft posts from now on and less of the personal ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm much like you Kim. I love to share, good and bad, but there is so much that I don't. People who haven't known me long are surprised that I have five kids, not three! I started blogging because of the younger ones and they are still a big part of my blog, but like you I never publish without their permission. Star rarely features now because like Becky, she's a teen and doesn't want to talked about by her mum online. I changed their names to nicknames when I moved from my baby blog to Raisie Bay. Their names are still out there but no-one would probably recognise them now. I could write daily posts about the eldest two, seriously they are so much more hard work than my youngest. I could even write a fair bit more about Graham, I'm pretty sure he'd like me to write about his music and the Gigs he plays. I've held back about my illness too, since I was attacked by a friend for talking about it all the time. It's hard sometimes isn't it? The things that affect our life the most we don't really share. But, I do like my blog to be (mostly) my happy place. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and can totally relate. I always say I'm honest I'm on my blog - if I tell a story, I tell it honestly, but there are plenty of other stories I don't share. I never share recognisable photos of my kids on the blog for fear of bullying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can totally relate to this. I keep a lot away from the blog mainly to respect my family's privacy, as do you. If some are happy to share every part of their lives that's their choice, but it's not something I would do or feel comfortable with. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do what feels right for you and your family kim, hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it comes to my kids, I'm the same, I always check first. My youngest has actually asked me to write more about autism, but I'm not sure he really understands, so we'll see xx

    ReplyDelete