Friday 22 February 2019

This week my Word of the Week is: Best! #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


I can't remember the last time where we have had such a relaxed, fun week! I think Stu having a weeks holiday from work helped.

I don't actually recall what we did over the past weekend. I am sure it was just house work and relaxing. It was nice not having to fit everything in to two days and then have to get ready for school.

On Monday the fun started. Ellie made bath bombs. She loves anything which involves mixing and creating. She had the best time. One didn't quite work out but the other two did and despite protesting about having a bath on Sunday evening she's had 2 this past week just to use the bath bombs she made.


We also had a trip to the dentist, the girls always look forward to the appointments. We have the best dentist. He broke the news that he is leaving in June so we won't see him again which is such a shame. When he first started he was a brand new qualified dentist and pretty rubbish with kids. He used long words and had no rapport with them. Over the years he has learned so much and has a fantastic relationship with kids now. He is funny, puts them at ease and always remembers little things like Ellie's favourite soft toy is a lion but is called Monkey. I am gutted he is leaving, I don't think we'll ever have a dentist as good.

Tuesday was a baking day. Ellie made unicorn cakes and Becky made chocolate brownies with a mint icing. I think they were the best cakes they've ever made despite Ellie forgetting to put butter in her's. lol


We went to visit my great aunt in Hartlepool on Wednesday which is about 50 or so miles from us. It was a fun but long day out. We left just before 8am and didn't get home until just after 7pm. She was so pleased to see us and we had a lovely time. The kids were spoilt rotten and despite the journey being so long it was pretty straightforward. The train from Newcastle to Hartlepool was the best journey. We got to see all the sights.


Yesterday we had a rest day. We did nothing apart from watch films, YouTube, play on electronics and I stayed in my pj's all day. I think we needed a day of unorganised fun.

Today we are off to the cinema. Ellie and Stu are going to watch the new How to Train your Dragon film and Becky and I were going to watch a different film but we've had a last change of plan. We are going to have a couple of hours of looking around the shops. Eek! Becky is a bad influence on me, she encourages me to buy things that I don't really need. hehehe

We really have had the best week.


6 comments :

  1. Sounds like you've had a fabulous week - love the cakes ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, I'm glad you've had a great week and I hope you have a good weekend too. I think my girls are going to see 'How to train your dragon' with their Dad today, he said he'd booked tickets but not had confirmation so he needs to follow that up. I'm staying home and resting. How lovely of you to visit your great aunt and make her day. It's nice to go on long trips sometimes, the journey can be fun. Thanks for linking up to #WOTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww sounds a lovely, sometimes you just ended to relax and live on the slow lane. How sad your dentist is loving sounds like he was fantastic makes all the difference X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww..."best" is a great descriptor of your week. I think I might have to try those bath bombs with my grandkids. They absolutely love to take baths at our house. We have a huge bubbler tub, which makes it fun for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fab week, so glad you got to have a good mix, I bet your aunt was thrilled to see you all. Its so fully the Ellie made the bath bombs but didn't want to have a bath. We have a great dentist too and it makes such a big difference with kids I would be so upset if he left x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your week sounds lovely, what a shame about your dentist it's so hard to find a really good one especially one that is good with kids.

    ReplyDelete