Monday 10 September 2018

Sixteen years ago I became a mother for the first time...

Today is Becky's birthday! Sixteen years ago I became a mother for the first time....It has flown over in a blink of an eye....


Looking through my Instagram photos to make a post like I did for Ellie's birthday I noticed there was less photos of Becky. It's not that I love her any less or care less about her but she's older now and I am more careful about what I put online about her....Everything I do put online about Becky I run by her first....Well apart from my tweets where I moan about her being a typical teenager. hehehe

Becky IS such a teenager now.....She will sleep until lunchtime on a weekend come down for food then will try and spend the rest of her day on her laptop or tablet....We have came to an agreement that she has a set time each day for electronics and if she wants more she has to earn it by usually helping around the house. It works well and there has been a lot less arguments about screen time since we started doing it this way.....


Becky started her last year at school last week...She is in year 11 and it is a big year for her....She has realised that she has a lot of work and revising to do and is prepared to knuckle down....She didn't have the greatest school year last year....I'm not going to go into it, it is done with but this year is going to be better....She still isn't 100% sure what she wants to do when she leaves school....She has a few ideas but I think we will deciding things next year.


Becky still loves watching You Tube and has got into watching Instagram stories now too. It annoys me that she watches the same as me. The likes of Brummy Mummy of 2, Toby & Roo and Nomipalony are her favourites...I seriously can't have anything for myself. Becky has started wearing my shoes and stealing my clothes although they are a bit too big for her. She says my t-shirts and comfy for lazing about the house. Eesh! 

I know I am biased but Becky really is a great kid....She makes a fab cup of tea and will happily nip to the shop to pick up bread without me having to beg. She's at that age now where I can have proper conversations with her about real life things that are going on in the world. She is very opinionated and I love her for it. She is also daft as a brush at times and we have such a giggle....


Becky is at school for her birthday and as Stu starts work early she's agreed to only open a couple of presents and her cards this morning and do the rest when she gets in....This year she chose most of her presents herself....I have bought a couple of extras which will be a complete surprise to her. hehehe 

12 comments :

  1. Happy birthday to Becky! I always joke to my husband when the kids are being difficult that one day they will be able to make us cups of tea, so our hard work will eventually pay off :) #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 16th birthday, hope she has a great day. My eldest is 16 next month and in year 11 too, she has no idea what she wants to do after school either. Scary how quick they grow xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Becky! How exciting, being 16 and the last year at school. I hope she has a truly lovely day and loves all her presents. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww lovely post. Happy 16th birthday to Becky and hope she has a wonderful day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both of you. Your first baby is 16. They don't stay little long, do they? #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Becky, sounds and amazing kid and a bit envious she can make a cup of tea :) X #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Becky! She sounds like she is growing into a delightful young woman. It makes you wonder where the time goes, doesn't it, when they hit a milestone birthday like 16! #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Becky ! sweet 16 already where does the time go at all. I hope she's had an amazing day x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope she likes her surprise presents! And happy milestone birthday - to her & you! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Becky. What a lovely post and she obviously make you proud. Glad she is knuckling down and taking it serious.
    Does she not have an option to go back next year, I know Fifi 0 who will be 16 in a few weeks is planning on another year after this one.
    Nice that the screen time is making for less arguments and that she is willing to help for extra time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Becky! I hope you have a lovely day. Congratulations to you too Kim on 16 years of parenting!

    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw happy birthday Becky and I agree with how quick the past 16 years have gone by as my son recently turned 16 (though different school year to Becky as he is the baby of the year). There is no denying that year 11 is a tough year, and I hope she gets through it the best she can. My son still doesn't know what he wants to do career wise, and has returned to the 6th form x

    ReplyDelete