Sunday 29 October 2017

The Not an Insta Mum Challenge... Day 29 of #Blogtober17

I am taking part in Blogtober17 and will be writing posts with various themes/prompts throughout October...Today's prompt is: Instagram

I saw the #NotanInstaMum challenge over on Afra's blog Mad Mum of 7 and it made me chuckle and made me think of the photos which never made it onto my Instagram or if they did I never told the full story behind them....

Disclaimer: I don't go out often. I think I have been out two or three times this year at the most....These photos are spanning over about 4 years....Don't judge me too much. 


Photo One -

A lovely photo. I was at a friends birthday party enjoying a glass of wine....This is a nice photo. I think I even had it on one of the banners on my blog a few years ago.


What it doesn't show is my friend who is making a big cocktail in a bowl with bottles of alcohol which didn't have much left in. The dregs. lol She made it classy though. She added a tin of fruit cocktail. lol I may have ended up slightly drunk. 

Photo 2 -

A night out....Obviously in a pub. I'm smiling and I'm having a good time.


I did have a good night.....One of the best. I was sweating like pig. Why did I think it was a good idea to wear my hair down and not have a hair bobble....I kept nearly falling out of my top....I ended up on the stage with the band dancing with my friends, I lost my phone and I don't remember getting home.....I do remember being sick in the bath though when I did get home....Oopsie!

Photo 3 -

A lovely summers evening seeing a band.


Yes that is a cigarette in my hand. I smoke sometimes when I am out and I am having a drink....

This was one of the best/strangest night's I've ever had. 
It was a Bank holiday Monday and my friends and I went to see a band in one of our local pubs. They only did a short set and said they were off to a pub in South Shields. My friends husband wasn't drinking so he drove us all to follow the band...

The band we saw was a Rockabilly group but play everything from The Monster Mash, U2, Spice Girls, Chitty, Chitty Bang, Bang, The Bay City Rollers, Moterhead and Gangnam Style in a Rockabilly style....They're a lot of fun!!

My friend and I were moshing and dancing to the most random of songs among those who were real rockabilly fan's and had all the fancy dresses, we drank Jagermeister from a bottle that the band had. My friend is the type of person that can drink triple what I can and not get drunk....She was tipsy so you don't want to imagine how I was. I just have to think about Jagermeister and I feel sick even now! lol

Please do go and follow me on Instagram.


2 comments :

  1. Oo I love this idea! And all those photos are fab. I never ever go out but all those stories make me want to! #blogtober17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I don't think I've got even three photos of me on a night out from the last four years, I barely ever go out!! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete