Tuesday 24 October 2017

Planning for Christmas. Day 24 of #Blogtober17

I am taking part in Blogtober17 and will be writing posts with various themes/prompts throughout October...Today's prompt is: Xmas

It's nearly the end of October and I am already thinking about Christmas....I love Christmas and I think the planning is more exciting than the actual day for me....Don't get me wrong I do love seeing the girls open their presents but I like the build up to the big day too!


I already have quite a few of the girls Christmas presents bought....Phew! We know what we're getting the girls for their main presents but I'm not going to say what they are on here in case they read but they are going to be so happy! I haven't started shopping for Stu yet....I have an idea of what to get him though....

I wasn't sure about doing Elf on the Shelf again this year but Ellie has started asking about it....For the past few years Elizabeth our elf has came and visited throughout December. She sometimes got up to a little mischief but on the whole she has been a good elf....I think I am going to have to spend some time on Pinterest thinking up some new ideas for her.


We will be putting the Christmas tree up on the first weekend in December! I can't wait to decorate the house and over the next couple of weeks I hope to buy some new decorations....

I am planning on starting shopping for some of the Christmas food like tubs of chocolate, alcohol and things that will keep for months in the middle of November. When I see something on offer I will get it....I did buy a couple of bottles of Baileys when it was on offer a couple of weeks ago and I made Stu hide one away so it will last until Christmas. hehehe

I already have money some of the bill paid with the Tesco clubcard vouchers which I save up for Christmas....It really helps go towards paying for the food shop. I love doing the Christmas food shop....I spend weeks planing what we need and want. I don't like trying to book a delivery slot though. I am one of those people who stays up and at midnight when the delivery slots are released. hehehe Last year I got one for the 23rd and it was perfect and Tesco delivered nearly everything so on Christmas Eve I only had a couple of things to pop out for....

We will of course be doing some baking....This year I want to make some mince pies. It seems years since we made any.

A couple of years ago I started the tradition of making a Gingerbread house and the girls love it.....I just get the kit from Tesco and I am sure we will get another this year.


I am hoping my dad comes for a visit like he usually does before Christmas...He has had some health issues so I haven't seen him since last December. We have of course talked on the phone....I will have to have a think about what to get him for Christmas too....Eek! Dad's are so hard to buy for. My dad's girlfriend is easy to buy for I have tons of ideas for her. hehehe

Ellie has seen You Tubers join in with Vlogmas posting a video each day and wants us to join in....I have said no chance. We are not You tubers but we are going to be making a few videos over December.

If we have the money I am hoping to take the girls to see a panto this year....They have never been to one and I want them to see one before they get too old to totally enjoy it.

It is Ellie's last year in Primary school this year so I will be enjoying every school play, carol service and Christmas event because as soon as she goes to the secondary school it all seems to stop.

Have you got any big plans for Christmas?


No comments :

Post a Comment