Friday 6 October 2017

I love fresh flowers. Day 6 of #Blogtober17

I am taking part in Blogtober17 and will be writing posts with various themes/prompts throughout October...Today's prompt is: Flowers.


It is only over the last few years that I have enjoyed having fresh flowers around the house....Before then I used to think what was the point in buying something which would die in a few days.....I hated fresh flowers with a passion.

Over the last year I have been enjoying fresh flowers though....They seem to brighten my mood so much.

People older than me who I know have plants and flowers in their homes...They seem to be winning at adulting. Having flowers seems like an adult thing to have.


When I first started buying them every time a new bunch of flowers appear here the kids ask "who bought you them?".....Why do they assume someone has to buy "me" them?.....Years ago Stu used to buy me flowers for special occasions like my birthday, mothers day and things like that.....

I am not knocking Stu. I have never asked him to buy me flowers and like I said I wasn't a fan of them until earlier in the year...I started buying the bunches of daffodils for 50 pence to be delivered with my grocery shopping from Tesco and they were brilliant. They hadn't flowered/came out of their buds so lasted a good couple of weeks....Since then I have ordered their summer bouquets and they lasted well too. I imagine and hope they will have autumn and Christmas themed flowers too....


Do you like to have fresh flowers around your home?


2 comments :

  1. I do like fresh flowers. I'm not very good at indoor pot plants, but I got quite good at window boxes on the balcony for a while - you could cram an awful lot of small colourful flowers into one window box for the duration of spring/ summer I found. I agree about the daffodils too - gotta have daffodils in the house in spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me chuckle because I still feel like old cynical you! Maybe I'll come round to liking them although noone ever buys me them and I really don't see myself doing it. I do buy myself a lot of pot plants though. #blogtober17

    ReplyDelete