Friday 19 May 2017

Parties and meetings. #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


Stu and I rarely have nights out.....At the weekend he had one and tonight we are all off out to a family party....

Someone who Stu works with has left to be a holiday rep. I am so happy for him as he loves traveling and he's such a nice lad.....There was a night out to Newcastle arranged on Saturday night and Stu of course went....He had a fantastic night and didn't get in until after 3am. He drank but not that much....He was appalled at the prices of the drinks in Newcastle but they were drinking in pubs and clubs which are shown on the TV show Geordie Shore. lol 


The girls and I had a great evening at home....We watched Eurovision, ate so much rubbish and played games on our laptops/tablets.

There was a gathering at school earlier in the week. Against my better judgement I went to the schools PTA meeting. Last year I left because there wasn't the support from the teachers....Again there was only the usual parents who turned up....Most of the parents at the school are not interested in helping out which is a shame.. It turns out I won't be helping out though.....I won't go into the ins and outs of it as I don't know who reads here but my time with the PTA is over which I am a little sad about but it's fine...

Tonight it is Stu's sisters 50th birthday party and we're off to that....The girls are so excited. Ellie has had her outfit picked out for weeks and Becky just can't wait to see her cousins. It will be nice to see some of Stu's family it's been a while since we had a catch up. It won't be a late night. Kids have to be out by 9pm which we are fine with.

In other news:

Becky had her second HPV vaccine against cervical cancer. It was a bit of surprise for her. I got a text from school the day before she had it. She said that was not enough warning....lol She did make me chuckle though. She said it's so unfair that boys don't have the injection. They should have it too to protect them against cancer. As soon as she said it she realised why they don't have it....They don't have a cervix. Doh! 

Stu had a little wobble at work....There has been a few changes at his place of work that he and most of the other staff are not happy about and there is a change in management happening soon which is worrying but his job is still very safe. He was all set for handing his CV in to other companies....We have had so many chats over the past week about it. It's all fine and well leaving but what happens if a new job only lasts say six months. At least the job he has is safe and long term....We have came to the conclusion that it's better the devil you know....


12 comments :

  1. Enjoy your party tonight, I do think it's a bit mean kicking the kids out at 9pm though, even mine could last until 10pm. I guess it's nice to have some adult time when your older though (And most likely all your kids are grown up.) I'm sorry to hear about Stu's problems at work, I do hope it all works out for him. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely time. Thank you.
      They were still raring to party when we left at 9pm but it was late enough. By the time we got home it was about quarter to 10. Eek.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your party and glad to hear your husband's job is safe, I imagine it beeping quite stressful not knowing what is happening X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a fab time tonight, it sounds fun. I hope Stu's work settles soon and he's happier there x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      He had his first day with the new management and it was OK. Not as bad as he expected. Phew. x

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your party tonight. Sorry to hear about your PTA experience. We have the same work conversations all the time. I feel men get a bit stressed out with change ;0) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a great time at the party.
      hehehe. You are right. My man doesn't like change.

      Delete
  5. Hope you all have fun tonight. Lovely to get together. Sorry to hear your PTA time is over. Seems to be part of the course. I did my year and that was enough. Good to hear that things have settled down with Stu's job. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a fab time at the party. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. It's funny how everything seems to be geared towards injecting women in our society isn't it. It's also a pity that the teachers can't be bothered to support the parents! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! Yes. All the responsibility lies with us ladies.
      It is a shame about the PTA but I'm past caring now. lol Thank you x

      Delete