Tuesday 23 May 2017

A family night out...

On Friday evening it was Stu's sisters 50th birthday party.....As much as we love Stu's side of the family it is very rare that we get to see them....We are all busy and have our own lives and to be honest travelling is usually a problem for us but this time we had a little spare money and made the effort.....

Ellie has had her outfit planned for weeks and wanted her hair curled.....Becky had a fair idea what she was going to wear, Stu and I had no idea....lol



When the kids got in from school we started getting ready....Yes it took that long. I curled Ellie's hair and I was very impressed with my efforts.....I usually suck at doing my girls hair. I feel so bad for them but I am not a girly, girl. I usually just slap my hair back in a ponytail....I managed to style Becky's hair which was acceptable to her and even managed to ditch the ponytail myself....lol



Ellie had a bit of a diva moment when it came to what shoes she was wearing.....She got it into her head that it was OK for her to wear my boots with heels...She didn't care they were about 4 sizes too big....lol Cue a huge tantrum that only ended when we said the taxi was nearly here and gave her the ultimatum of get some shoes on or we won't be going....



We were planning on getting the bus there and a taxi back but on Friday the weather was rubbish. We didn't fancy the 20 minute walk to the bus stop in the rain....We worked out the bus fare would be about £15 and thought the taxi back would be about £20.....We actually rang a taxi company and they quoted us £45. We rang another and they said £15 each way. That would do us!

We had a great time catching up with family and had a few drinks....

The girls sat with us for about 20 minutes....Then they saw the balloons and we lost them....They went off and played for a couple of hours.....



They even went and sat at their own little table. They were too cool to sit with their mam and dad...lol It seemed like a glimpse into the future....Give it a few years. Well more than a few but they will be out in pubs/clubs drinking without me. Nope. I don't want to think about. hehehe

They were one of the first one's up to the buffet and by the time Stu and I went to get some food they were half way through theirs....lol 

By ten past nine we were back in the taxi on the way home.....We would have happily stayed longer but the pub had it's rules that kids had to be out by 9pm. We had a great evening and it made us realise that we need to see more of the family!

5 comments :

  1. Glad you had a great night. Love the hair as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely evening out, it made me smile how the girls ditched you both to be on their own, a sign of things to come I'm afraid! #BestandWorst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I know! It really is a sign of things to come. I don't like it. hehehe
      Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Ah , looks like a lovely time. I remember nights like that when I was little and I used to love them. #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete