Friday 10 March 2017

I found my happy again. #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


Over the last couple of weeks I haven't been too happy.....We've had a lot going on which I mentioned a fortnight ago and again last week. My mother dying which didn't really bother me but at the same time it did, Ellie being bullied, my teen choosing her GCSE options, big homework projects and a few other private things...

This week I have become happy again! We all have here....I still have a couple of worries but on Twitter I said for Lent I am going to give up worrying about things I have no control over....So far so good.....

I have stopped drinking coffee.....I used to have 2 or 3 cups a day and I didn't think it affected my sleeping....It turns out it did. I used to go upstairs to bed at about 10pm and was usually still awake after 12am....Now I am drifting off to sleep at about 11pm or before.....I think having more sleep has really helped me feel better and happier....I had a cup of coffee with my friends yesterday and had a headache nearly all day....No more coffee for me.

The weather has been lovely here all week....We have had sunshine and it has been quite warm and dry. Warm enough for us to go to the park twice this week, have ice lollies and get washing out to dry....I was stood in the school yard waiting for Ellie to come out yesterday and I was thinking I needn't have worn my coat....


The bullying has completely stopped for Ellie and she is so much happier for it....She is coming home in a good mood and that makes everyone else happy. 

Ellie had rehearsals for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat on Saturday at the big school along with all the other schools taking part in the performance. I was slightly worried as a few of the girls who had been bullying her were going and there would have been less teacher supervision. It turns out I had nothing to worry about....When the ringleader isn't about those girls are lovely....She has more rehearsals tomorrow and on Monday and then it's the big show on Tuesday....I know I am going to cry when they all sing Close every door. I nearly cry when I hear it so when a bunch of kids sing it predict there will be sobbing.....lol

Becky is happy with her GCSE options and is sticking with French, Geography, Health and Social care and Religious Studies....During the week I have spent time helping her with her English homework....She is doing about the An Inspector Calls book and had to do a mind map about a character which Google came in very handy for.....I did An Inspector Calls at school and there was no internet to help.....Eesh! Even though it was work we had fun and a giggle....


It has been a great week....So much better than the last two. I am feeling positive about life and things again....Hooray!


20 comments :

  1. It's lovely to hear you so happy, you have had so much going on lately. So pleased that the bullying has stopped and that Becky's pleased with her options. I don't like coffee so have never even had a single cup, but who knew it would affect you that much! x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been a rough couple of weeks but I think we've turned a corner.

      Delete
  2. yay, I'm glad your happy has returned. I'm really glad that Ellie is no longer being bullied, that's definitely something to be happy about. I'm glad that Becky is more settled now too and happy with her options. I think the warmer weather helps to make you happy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. hehehe The weather has really helped.
      Thank you x

      Delete
  3. What a positive week. So glad you are feeling happier. Bet you feel like you could move mountains now. Wonderful that Ellie is not being targeted anymore, plus she is getting on well with the musical. Funny how the dynamics of the group change and they can get on. So good that Becky is happy with her choices too. Hope it goes well. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so good to have a positive week. Yes! I am on top of the world. Give me a mountain and I'll move it. hehehe
      Thank you

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you've had such a positive week. It must be a huge relief that the bullying has stopped. Kids can be so thoughtless and cruel at times. I also studied an Inspector Calls. How did we manage our homework without the internet!! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The bullying stopping has been such a weight lifted from my shoulders. We are all happier now.
      I think everyone has studied An Inspector calls at one time or another. hehehe x

      Delete
  5. So glad that you have had a much better week. The weather has certainly been lovely. Hope all goes well with Ellie's performance and so pleased that the bullying has stopped and she is much happier. Good luck to Becky with her homework - I loved doing An Inspector Calls. Glad that she is happy with her GCSE options too. Hope you all have a lovely weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It has been a fab week compared to the last couple.

      Delete
  6. Oh sweetie I have just caught up with everything that has been going on for you. I am so glad you are feeling happy again, as sounds as if you had a really tough couple of weeks. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had a rotten time...I've hidden things and put a brave face on but I am in a happy place now...Thank you x

      Delete
  7. I am glad you are having a bit of a better week Kim. I did see some of your facebook posts on your mum dying and really felt for you and what you must have been going through :( Hope your have a better few weeks xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I thought I was OK with my mother dying but it did get to me more than I thought and let on. This last week has been brilliant. Just what I needed to boost my mood. Thank you x

      Delete
  8. This is so lovely to read, especially as I remember your previous posts about Becky's bullying. You must be so relieved and very happy about that. At the same time I've just read your post about your mother and that must've caused mixed emotions. Lovely to hear that you're now reconciled with what has happened and you've found your happy place again. You deserve it!
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have had a rubbish time but it seems like the worst is behind us. Phew x

      Delete
  9. It's great that things have started to pick up again. May you have many more great moments. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great that you are feeling so positive, long may it stay that way! #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am so pleased to read you are happy again, yey!! Sounds like a much better week and I'm so pleased to see you linking up to the #bestandworst please stop by this week :)

    ReplyDelete