Friday 30 September 2016

Autumn is well and truly here. #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


Autumn seems to have really arrived this week....As I am writing this the wind is howling and it's chucking it down. 

There is such a chill in the air now....Winter coats and boots have been brought out and we have had the heating on a couple of times this week much to my fella's disgust.....He never seems to feel the cold....

The kids are getting excited for Halloween....Can you believe it is the 1st of October tomorrow?!

Throughout October I have decided to take part in Blogtober16 which is being ran by Hex Mum. It is a post a day with a certain theme....I have quite a few written already and I am looking forward to sharing them with you.....It's subjects which I have never thought about writing about or just haven't found the time.....

Realising it is October tomorrow also made me panic this week....I have no idea what the kids want for Christmas! They had their birthdays and got everything they wanted.....They don't really have any idea either. I had them looking through the Argos catalogue earlier in the week and they don't know.....Ellie drifted off looking at camping things and new beds and Becky has said she just wants Google and Xbox credit which I don't think is much of a present....I want her to have something to open on Christmas day. Hmmf.

In other news:

Becky did not get her braces off.....She had them tightened and the bands moved....The dentist guy did say she is so close to getting them off though.....We're back in 6 weeks so fingers crossed for then.

Ellie went on a school trip this week to a place called Safety Works in Newcastle. It is an interactive safety centre where they learn about road safety, safety in the home and things like that...She had a great time and learned lots. Just before they got there her teacher pointed out where the TV show Byker Grove was filmed....Ellie just didn't get why it was so exciting to see Byker Grove. lol 

This week I also bought Ellie her Anna Frozen dress for when we go to see Disney on ice. When it arrived I was so worried that it was too big but when she tried it on it fits. Just. It's a little long but not too long.....When Becky saw it she said she needs something Disney to wear....She went online and found her own Anna skater dress which she could wear with leggings....She is still undecided but I think it looks so cool. If they did it in my size I would get it. lol



17 comments :

  1. Autumn is definitely here - we got out the winter coats this morning - the mornings are definitely chillier now! Love Ellie's Anna outfit and that skater dress is pretty - I would wear it if it came in my size too! Fingers crossed that Becky gets her braces off at the next appointment. Off to check out #Blogtober16 - might be tempted to take part myself! :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's made me realise we all need new winter coats. Eek!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, autumn is definitely here. Love Ellie's outfit, my girl has one like that, too. Good luck with the gift ideas! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! I think a lot of girls have the Anna dress. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to your Blogtober posts. Ellie looks fab in her Anna dress...I think you should make Becky wear an Elsa Dress :) The skater dress looks lovely though, she fit right in with that. Ah who could forget Byker Grove with young Ant and Dec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's great to see you taking part in Blogtober too!

      Delete
  4. awww, the weather is definitely turning, brrrr! Ellie looks gorgeous in her outfit. The blogobter sounds interesting X #WOTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a difficult age. They can see the attraction of dressing up but at the same time they feel too grown up. Ellie looks wonderful in her dress. I hope they both have fun.#wotw

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather is definitely changing and I've been sneaking on the heating, too, which my OH is horrified about, too!!
    It sounds like a good school trip about safety but it is funny about Byker Grove, makes me feel old - lol!!
    Love the dress, you guys are going to have a great time at Disney on Ice.
    Have a lovely week and wrap up warm!!
    #WordofTheWeek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! What is it with men not wanting the heating on! Hmmf.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Ah poor Becky I bet she was so disappointed, and yes Autumn is the best season I love it, darker nights, crunchy leaves and log fires x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was absolutely gutted. Fingers crossed she gets them off next time :D

      Delete
  8. I'm so happy it finally feels like Autumn at last, I'm with your hubby though no heating until November in our house lol. That dress look fab on Ellie I bet you are all so excited for Disney on Ice. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I need the heating on when it's cold. I turn into such a moody cow if I'm cold.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  9. I can relate to finding it difficult to pick out Christmas presents for people. I've put a few things over the year but was thinking hampers. #WotW

    ReplyDelete