Friday 12 August 2016

We have watched so much sport. #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


I knew this would be my word of the week from last Friday when stayed up and watched the opening ceremony...I've made good use of the red button on BBC One flicking between sports....Rowing, weightlifting, tennis, archery and so on and so on....You name it we've watched it!

My girls and I have watched so much sport we would never normally watch and sport we didn't even know existed such as Synchronised diving. I didn't even know that was a thing....It turns out as a country we're quite good at it.

The girls have been loving it.....Ellie wants to try all the sports and has decided that Handball is just Water Polo without the water and Volleyball is just Tennis without the bats and more people....lol The Cross country with the horses is a way to die, the diving pool looks like a pond with the green water and weightlifters are scary!

Google has came in very handy this week answering all the questions about the sports. We have learned a lot.

I have watched nearly all of the Equestrian events and while I was watching the dressage it made me think that I really missed me riding horses....The next day watching the cross country event reminded me why I don't....It was brutal! There was so many falls, riders and their horse....From what I saw of it nobody was hurt! I did like the airbag tops they had on....They weren't around when I was falling off horses....One person must have been saved from a few broken ribs when the horse landed on him....The air-bag took the impact. How clever!

When I haven't watched the Equestrian events we have watched the Gymnastics....Wow! For young girls some of them only 16 years old they are amazing....Becky's mind was blown when she realised that some of them are only just over 2 years older than her....

It has been a good week....We haven't done much apart from watch the Olympics which has been fine with us. The weather hasn't been the nicest but next week I have read that we are forecast another heatwave. I do hope so.


16 comments :

  1. It has been an exciting time to watch sports and u did enjoy seeing the synchronised swimming,that was fun X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't seen the synchronised swimming...lol
      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've all been having a great time! My boy's not really into it, so our viewing has been restricted to evenings, though we've seen a fair bit. I didn't see the airbag tops - they do sound a great idea! Have fun with it! Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are glued to the coverage! Up until 1 this morning - oops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! I stayed up watching Mo Farrah the other night until 2am. lol Oops.

      Delete
  4. I have been watching it a lot but to be honest I'm starting to get a little fed up of it now and I can't wait for the Great British Bake Off, give me cake not sport :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I can't wait for GBBO too! Next week :D x
      Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I've watched all the gymnastics... so amazing. I keep missing the equestrian coverage, I must try harder! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! I loved the Gymnastics. I'm quite sad it's finished now :(

      Delete
  6. I've been trying to watch a bit at night! It's been good. I'm a massive gymnastics fan. They are soo strong! Bet it has really inspired the girls and you! X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They gymnastics has been amazing....The girls are loving it. They've been asking to watch it. hehehe

      Delete
  7. I love the gymnastics but then that's perhaps the dancer in me coming out. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen any of the olympics this year but I think it's great that your girls are enjoying it so much. #LIML

    ReplyDelete