Wednesday 31 August 2016

In August I loved....

I thought at the end of every month I would do a little recap and tell you about the things I loved over the previous month.....August was a good month....A week of it saw us cooped up inside when Ellie was poorly but the rest of the time we have had great fun!



The Summer Holidays.
This time last month the holidays had just started....Now they are just about over and I am not looking forward to the early starts again....We have had some great fun. Most of the holidays we've spent them at home but it's nice to relax. Stu has just started his two weeks off work. It will be nice to have him around more.....

Play Dough.
I made some at the beginning of the month and the girls loved it....They had so much fun. It's such a cheap activity. 


Birthdays.
It is the birthday month here....Stu's was in the middle of August and Ellie's was on Monday....They both had fantastic days and I have a whole post coming about Ellie's. We still have Becky's to look forward too in 10 days....

The Olympics.
I loved watching them and I am still quite sad that they finished. I watched so much sport....I thought the girls would complain about not watching their shows but it got to the point where they were asking for it to be put on....I suppose there is the Paralympics to look forward too....

Our Heart Day.
In the middle of the month it was 7 years since the girls had their heart surgery....It is always a hard time for me to remember but at the same time it shows me how lucky I am to have both of my girls.


Trips To The Park.
We have had quite a few trips to the park over the last month....The girls would quite happily go every day if they got the chance....I will miss being able to visit so much when they're back at school....

Hartley’s Jelly Pots.
We were sent some of the jelly pots to try out earlier in the month and my girls have really taken a liking to them. I have since bought them and they are really great for snacks or after tea....Stu also made some awesome trifles with them!


You Tube.
Obviously I love watching YouTube videos every month but this past month I seemed to have uploaded lots of videos to my channel...Well more than I would usually upload. I have enjoyed making them and editing them (badly compared to others) but we all have to start somewhere.....I still try to keep myself out of them and just feature the kids and Stu....I feel far too shy to vlog properly....hehehe

What have you loved in August?


9 comments :

  1. You home made play doh looks cool. Looks like it has been a great month Kim, how quickly has it gone though !?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been a great month but yes it's flown over...

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you have had a great month. We have had lots of lazy days at home to these holidays , sometimes it nice to just relax and spend time together at home xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to relax. I'm dreading getting back into a routine with school. Eek x

      Delete
  3. Aww, lovely post. It's nice to reflect on the things you loved each month! :) We've also been enjoying the summer holidays & trips to the park, hehe. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This last month has flown by hasn't it? I'm not looking forward to the early morning starts again either but I am looking forward to getting back into some form of routine. That playdoh looks fab! #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love the Trifles!!!! I am so sad that the summer vacation is over but we did a lot too like you guys! #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds a great month Kim, and one with the summer holidays can't be bad. Add Olympics and it's a complete winner from me too. Thanks for linking to #PoCoLo and if you can choose one photo to sum up your summer we'd love to include it in our summer collage x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great month Kim. I'm both glad and sad to be back into a routine, we've had a fabulous summer.
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo. x

    ReplyDelete