Friday 1 July 2016

A week full of shocks.... #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:

It seems a lot longer than a week ago that we heard the results of the EU referendum.....I'm not going to go into what my views are but I was shocked that it was decided that we would leave.....

What was even more shocking was the nastiness that it has caused on social media....It was disgusting and vicious! Calling people names is not going to change things....Certain people seem to think that if you don't agree with them you are obviously wrong.....That goes for both sides. Leave and remain. There is so much hate. Can we just stop and agree to disagree. We all have different views and opinions. 

Another thing which shocked me this week was that England got kicked out of the Euro 2016 tournament....Well it wasn't a big surprise that we lost the match we always lose when we get past the group stages....What was shocking was how we played....Rubbish!! Now I'm cheering for Wales or Iceland to win....

I also found myself watching the tennis this week which was a bit of a shocker.....I never watch tennis but I was keen to see Marcus Willis (a nobody, ranked seven hundred and something in the world play Roger Federer (one of the best players in the world). Marcus Willis didn't win but he tried his best and it brought a smile to my face....

This week saw me make a start on buying the school uniforms for the girls....Becky is going into year 9 where she needs a blazer and a different tie and Ellie needs a tie and different jumpers....It's been a few years since I've had to buy much uniform....Ellie's had Becky's hand me downs but this year they need all new....The price of uniform with the school logo on is shocking! It really annoys me that they can't just wear plain jumpers or blazers.....I have bought Becky a blazer which is a little too big for her but she'll grow into it....She wasn't impressed that it was so big. hehehe

Oh and it's July! How!! This year is flying over far too quickly.

Since last week the girls have been on their best behaviour.....Well mostly. They've had their moments but Ellie has been a little angel compared to the last few weeks....

We've had a quiet week with no stories to tell but it has been nice....


20 comments :

  1. I think the reaction to the referendum is one that has shocked a lot of us and emotions have certainly been running high but as you say, there is no need for nastiness. I've had my first experience of buying school uniform this week and realised just how expensive it all is! And yes, how on earth is it July already?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No there isn't any need for the nastiness...
      Eek! School uniform gets more expensive the older they get. lol

      Delete
  2. I agree the result and the ensuing behaviour has been shocking. I've one kid going to secondary school this week but I'm really looking forward to shopping for her uniform because the school has given everyone starting in September a voucher to get their uniforms for free! So I only have two to buy for. I bought my little man a jumper that was a size too big for him last September thinking he would grow into it, but he hasn't! And the jumper hasn't shrunk like they normally do either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! That is fantastic that you are getting a uniform free. What a great school.
      Ohh! That is strange...In all the years I've bought school jumpers they have always shrunk. hehehe

      Delete
  3. MArcus Willis is such a joy to watch! So inspiring too. I think that he is the one and only one thing good that had happened this week haha. Agree on how toxic the social media was after the election but I guess people are mad & passionate about the subject but I wish all the nasties would die down and poeople esp politicians would start working together to make things better. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really was. He is so inspiring! It gives people hope they can be in his place one day.
      I hope all the nastiness dies down soon too...Yes, everyone should work together x

      Delete
  4. Referendum was crazy, I am not sure what I am more shocked about the lies during the campaigns, the result or all the nastiness afterwards. School uniform - ah I loved wearing a blazer - so many pockets to keep everything in haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been awful...I think I'm more shocked about the nastiness. It's got to the point where I'm so used to politicians lying which is a shame.
      Ahh! I never got to wear a blazer when I was at school. I am quite jealous of my girl though. hehehe

      Delete
  5. Everyones reaction to all the politics this week has definitely been shocking and nasty. I agree we all have different opinions, why get nasty about it? #Wotw

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely the word for this week. Though I don't know about you, but after the last few days, I feel I'm becoming numb to shocking news - it's all going mad! The cost of uniform is ridiculous if you have to buy the ones with the logo, too. I've avoided that so far, but I know it'll come and I feel I need to start saving now for it! Glad the girls have been doing well x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. It is getting to the point where all the news about politics is less shocking now. We're starting to expect the madness...
      Uniform is so expensive. You better get saving...I'm hoping what I've bought this year lasts a good couple of years...hehehe x

      Delete
  7. I agree the aftermath of the referendum was shocking. I saw brothers and sisters and best friends name calling each other because they had voted different ways. I was shocked by the behaviour, nastiness and bitterness of people. There was no need for it at all. I've also been buying a few bits of school uniform, its making me quite sad though, because my 6 year old is wearing 9-10 year clothes, he's on a growth spurt and I don't want him to grow anymore....not just yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's disgusting behaviour...
      Aww! They grow so quickly at times don't they...

      Delete
  8. I was sooo shocked at the results snd even more disgusted with the resulting behaviour and hate. Let's just hope things settle down. Not long until the school hols! Weather bette get sorted!! Xx #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope things do settle down soon...
      Oh yes! The weather does need to sort it's self out. We've had thunder and a lot of rain here tonight x

      Delete
  9. I was shocked by all the nastiness too. And as for the price of blazers - crazy. Luckily we had an excellent second hand shop at old school where I picked up one for £5. New would have cost almost £100! I still buy secondhand uniform where possible but the way it is run at current school is everything is sold at 50% of new price regardless of condition, so not worthwhile for jumpers. At least current blazer is cheaper and washable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The referendum really has brought out the worst in people. Uniform is such a huge expense isn't it, I spread the cost out too by buying a little at a time this year is going far too quickly the summer holidays will soon be over ! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been shocking some behaviour and totally agree. What ever one's opinion is it was a democratic and that is that. People get so personal abd at times it is offensive.
    In so pleased that has been an improvement in your girls behavior.
    My eldest starts school in September and it is rediciously how.muxh uniform cost. They sell the badge separate if you want put some how it ends up costing more, absolutely mindblowing! Still at least it is raining 😉 X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fortunately, we don't follow footie in this house otherwise we may be tempted to cheer on France. I'm assuming they are playing really well right? I understand about school uniform and think we should follow French dress code ie. no uniform. Although maybe they are into brands instead?!#WotW

    ReplyDelete