Friday 3 June 2016

It has been a Super week! #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:

It has been fantastic from start to finish. Even the rubbish weather hasn't ruined it....

Last Friday we went to the hospital to have Ellie's hearing checked...She is still deaf in her bad ear but her good ear is perfect! That's good enough for me. They has said our next appointment is in two years. We only have to ring up if we have any worries! 

On Sunday my great Aunty J came to visit, my nephew and his mam....It was lovely to see them and I can't believe how big he is! The girls were spoilt rotten and it was nice to have a catch up....


This week we have spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen trying some recipes from Little Kitchen recipe book which is part of the Take Back the Kitchen campaign.....

The girls got right into it and we have ate so well this week.....We have cooked things I would have never have thought of making....

Our favourite recipe by far was the Coconutty Chicken Strips.

Even when we had no plans we just spent the time watching films, playing games and of course having a bit of computer time....

Becky and I watched the film The Martian and it is the type of film I wouldn't normally watch but I loved it.....I can highly recommend it.

Yesterday we visited the Life Science Centre in Newcastle to see the The Animal Inside Out Exhibition. It was AMAZING! I have a full blog post about it next week but here is a little peek!


It's such a shame the kids have to go back to school next week.....This week has been a good one and I want to do it all again....

The Reading Residence

24 comments :

  1. Aw how lovely. I think The Martian is awesome, I'm reading the book now! It's amazing how fast children we see rarely seem to grow isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't usually like Sci-fi but it was fantastic.
      Yep! They do grow so fast x

      Delete
  2. So pleased you had a good week full of fun and enjoyment X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great week. I'm a little sad it's all over now x

      Delete
  3. I always think that half term should be 2 weeks. We just about get into relaxing and it's time to go back to school again :( Sounds like you've had a great all-round week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! I could have done with two weeks.
      We had a lovely week. Thank you!

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous week! Super is a wonderful word to have to sum up your week, glad you've all had such a lovely half term x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww so glad to hear you've had a lovely week Kim! We've have fun too but I really wish the sun had been out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather was horrible wasn't it...We had a great week though. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. So glad that you have had such a super half-term. How lovely to catch up with family, and so pleased that all went well with Ellie's appointment. Love the sound of the Little Kitchen recipes - that Coconutty Chicken looks very yummy and the Inside Out animal exhibition sounds really interesting. Hope you have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a perfect week. It's a shame it had to end x

      Delete
  7. So nice to read about your super week. I think the Inside Out exhibition looks awesome, I really wanted to take my boys but they think it's too gross! Wimps! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The exhibition was fantastic. Not gross at all. x

      Delete
  8. I saw your photos at Light Science Centre. I think its a real super place to visit for kids and I am so glad about the news about Ellie's hearing. Its always so nice to hear the experts tell you that things are okay =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a fantastic day out....We spent hours there.
      I am pleased too. A little weight off our shoulders x

      Delete
  9. What a brilliant week :) good news about Ellie's hearing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was the best. Yes, it was great news. x

      Delete
  10. That's fantastic to hear you've had such a wonderful half term with the family all together. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was lovely. I want to do it all again :D x

      Delete
  11. Hi Kim, the word 'super' makes me smile, I think it's because it is so English. It is super that Ellie's hearing loss is still only affecting one ear, hopefully it stays that way too.

    The coconutty chicken strips sound nice.

    The good thing about going back to school is that there are still holidays to look forward to... Not ling 'til summer!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! It is so English isn't it...
      From what we've been told the hearing loss will probably stay as it is. It doesn't look like her good ear is going to lose any of it's hearing.
      I know....There's about 6 or 7 weeks until the summer. Eek x

      Delete
  12. Lovely to hear you have had a 'super' week! xx

    ReplyDelete