Thursday 23 June 2016

Behind the Scenes Blogging Tag.

I saw the Behind the Scenes Blogging Tag over on Baby a Fi....I do love a tag and I thought this one was interesting so I thought I would give it a go....


1. Where Do You Blog?

I blog from my armchair in the living room with my laptop on my knee.....I would love a desk but I just don't have the room and I'm a little too comfy here....I have everything I need, I can see the TV and what the kids are getting up to....

2. Where Do You Find Inspiration For Your Blog Posts?

I tend to write about our family life, there's the food we're eating with my meal planning posts and Ellie is naughty enough to give me photos for a Wicked Wednesday post most weeks...hehehe I also find inspiration from other bloggers, for example this blog post.

3. How Long Does It Take You To Write a Blog Post?

It really depends on what the post is. My Sunday photo post takes a few minutes, at the most 10 but reviews and days out can take well over a two hours when you count the time it takes to edit photos/videos. 

4. Do You Plan Your Blog Posts? How?

If I know we're going somewhere or doing something special....Yes, I plan them in my head but other than that not really....I just get on with them....I have set days where I post the same type of posts every week so there isn't too much planning needed. I do have to make sure I take at least one photo every day for my Project 366 posts. A photo everyday for a year.

5. What Kind of Camera Do You Use? What Editing Program?

I use the camera off my phone. A Samsung S5. It's handy. I think if I did have a proper camera I'd hardly use it...I edit photos using Picmonkey and videos using the Windows Movie Maker...Nothing fancy and flash here.

6. Do You Use a Notebook To Track Your Ideas?

No....If I have an idea I make up a new draft in my blog posts and put the idea there.....Hence the reason I have 47 posts in my drafts...

7. How Do You Take Your Pictures?

Point and click....lol I usually have to take about a lot of photos to get the right one...

8. What's Your Favourite Type of Blog Post to Write?

My Word of the Week posts....It is good to look back on the week and see what we have done....It is also lovely to look back on them to see the normal everyday things we got up to in certain weeks....

9. Who Knows About Your Blog?

Everyone I think....I don't keep it a secret now. I did at first from my friends and family but I think they all know now. My dad and great Aunt don't understand it though....hehehe

10. Are You an Organised or a Messy Blogger?

I like to think I am quite organised. I have my posts scheduled in advance usually, I keep track of what needs to be done, I am on top of my emails and always manage to comment on linkies which I join in with...

11. Biggest Blogging Pet Peeve?

Pop-ups! There seems to be more and more of them appearing on blogs lately. Some of them are so hard to close down especially if I am on my mobile phone. I just tend to click away without even reading the blog post. Such a shame.

Do feel free to do this tag yourself!


7 comments :

  1. Would you ind if I stole this? I'd love to do this tag!!
    And I agree 100% on the popups, they make my computer freeze which is so frustrating! I love your word of the week posts too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great read, and I am with you on so many of the points - your blog proves how well a blog can do with an armchair, a phone and no pop ups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this as I am always interested in what other bloggers get up too (or is that just being nosey lol). I also just use my phone to take pictures as it just works for me. But eek about having 47 drafts.... I don't have any but I totally get the idea of starting them if you have an idea. I tend to get my ideas about 2am for some bizarre reason x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I most often have the laptop on my lap too - and detest pop ups! Fab post Kim, thanks for linking to #PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get better at planning and scheduling posts! Not to mention visiting and commenting on other blogs, you do excel at that :)

    You've probably guessed but I'm pinching this too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the wonderful tag inspiration. I enjoyed surfing through your blog, nice blog too. Took the challenge here https://blog.mariajob.me/2016/08/09/behind-the-scene-blogging-tag/

    ReplyDelete