Friday 17 June 2016

All I've done this week is watch TV. #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


I have watched so much TV this past week.....

Euro 2016 - I have seen most of every match. I don't like football usually.....I would never choose to watch football but things change when it is the Euro's or the World cup. Housework and meal times have been slotted in between matches.

I've been rooting for the underdogs like Iceland. I didn't even know they had a team until earlier in the week! lol The kids have not been amused. There has been a lot of groans and moans saying "not football again"....

Yesterday when England were playing I left for the school run just as Wales scored. Practically ran to get Ellie and made it on time. Just. Then practically ran all the way home to find that England had scored again. Hooray! The running was worth it. It's my exercise for the week done. lol

The Oscar Pistorius sentencing - I have followed the whole court case so I used to watch it all live on the South African news channel when Sky had it but they don't have it anymore so I have had to make do with Sky News....

Reeva Steenkamp's father took to the stand and it was utterly heartbreaking. He is a broken man and I was in tears watching.....He asked for the court to release photos of his daughter for the world to see the pain Oscar Pistorius had inflicted on their daughter.....They are horrific but it just goes to show the damage that guns can do....

I also welled up when Oscar Pistorius took off his prosthetic legs and walked around the courtroom showing how unstable he was. I know he killed someone but you can't help but feel sad for someone so vulnerable but on the other hand it looked like it was just done to gain sympathy. He wouldn't stand up in court to defend himself in the sentencing but quite happily did a TV interview recently which will be shown sometime over the next couple of weeks....He took a life. He deserves to pay more than a year in prison that he's already served for his crime. I guess we will find out on July the 6th.

I do hope Reeva Steenkamp's family will get closure soon, this as dragged on since February 2013 which is far too long. They have grieved in the public eye which is no good for anyone.

Big Brother - Usually I go to bed at about 10pm. I've not been in bed before 11pm since Big Brother started. I'm loving it. I can't stand Marco, the lass he slept with and Chelsea but I'm loving Hughie, Ryan and Lateysha which I never thought I would say. She was all boobs and mouth on the first night but I'm warming to her....

The News - Yesterday I had Sky news on and it was sharing the news about the poor woman Jo Cox who was murdered. Ellie must have been listening more than I thought she was.....She said "why can't people just stop hurting each other"? I couldn't answer....There is too much hurt and violence going on in the world.


16 comments :

  1. had to laugh at your doing the school 'run' around the England match. My poor other half was complaining bitterly at having to pick the kids up during the match. Sadly, I am unable to do it alone so he had no choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The school run nearly killed me....It usually takes me about 30/35 minutes. I did it in 20. I got back and sat down and could see stars. lol

      Delete
  2. I don't blame you as the TV had been on more recently due to tiredness and generally yukky weather. It is so tragic about Jo Cox and I think it affected a lot of people on an ll emotional level. You daughter is so right and such a scary poorly we live in at the moment. Thankfully there are still some good people in the world X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been awful hasn't it...
      It is tragic about Jo Cox. Usually things like that don't affect me but it hit me hard...
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I saw some of the scenes of the Oscar Pistorious broadcast and its so heartbreaking on all sides. I am also crying when I heard Reeva's Dad talk. He is just in pain.

    TV wise I am just watching the news and well cbbc & cbeebies. I am also following the Orlando shooting and that kid that was dragged by the alligator in Disney. Seems that all of the news are sad lately.

    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Oscar Pistorious case is so sad...
      It does seem this week there was so much bad news :(

      Delete
  4. lots of online tv watched here also, mainly the football

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is a lot of watching! I was so upset by the news yesterday, too, absolutely tragic and senseless. Hope you continue to enjoy your football x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been trying to avoid the news, I just can't cope with all the sadness xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been awful. I hope this next week is better x

      Delete
  7. Definitely agree with Ellie that there is far too much hurt and violence in the world and so much of the news reflects that. If there was just a little more compassion and consideration for others the world would become a much nicer place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love watching TV but recently it's been taken over by two little monkeys who want to watch nothing but Tiny Pop and Cbeebies, we are currently engrossed in Game of Thrones. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! Ahh! Cbeebies. My girls have thankfully grown out of that now.

      Delete