Friday 19 February 2016

We have had a week of Minecraft - #WotW

I asked Becky & Ellie what my Word of the Week should be and they both said at the same time:


They have both played a lot of Minecraft....Probably too much but we've had a week of relaxing and haven't had any plans so I have just let them get on with it....

They've played it with Stu on the computers.....Alone on their tablets, together on the Xbox and even I have played with them....I did take the huff and stop playing when they kept bring Creepers to my house and blowing things up....So childish of me....lol

It has caused some arguments at times and they have both served hour bans here and there due to their bickering but on the whole they have played nicely together....


We have had such a great half term.....Sometimes it is nice just to let the girls do something they really love....Next week they'll be back at school and their Minecraft time will be limited....

In Other News:

We really haven't done much this week....Ellie and I tried out the Koalapak and she had a great time....It is something I would pay for again in the future....

A lot of my favourite TV shows returned...Since Christmas there hasn't been much for Stu & I to watch together now there is too much....hehehe 

Today we are going shopping to get Becky's friend a card and present for her birthday. She's the big 13 and is having a party which we're going to tomorrow....They girls are very excited about this.

The Reading Residence

28 comments :

  1. Sounds like a nice relaxing half term. Happy to hear that the girls have been getting along well. Enjoy the weekend before the chaos resumes next week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun week! My two have yet to discover Minecraft so I have all of this to come! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was just the males who liked Minecraft .... I shall rethink that now. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My girls love it and from what they tell me lots of females play :D

      Delete
  4. Your week sounds perfect for me. I do love having days at home ;0) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great half term although the bickering over games sounds familiar here too #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had their moments but on the whole they weren't too bad...

      Delete
  6. Hi Kim, sometimes it's good to just let things be. They've had a good time, which means you had an easier time. I have no idea what Minecraft is all about, but I don't like the sound of having Creepers in any house.

    Hope your girls enjoy the birthday party.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. We all had a wonderful time. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. I think the chilled out at home weeks are the best! And especially playing something they enjoy.
    The tv has got loads better the past week hasn't it, we are watching the walking dead and better call Saul, i've even thought about watching breaking bad from the start again :)
    Have a great Saturday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are...
      Oh you should watch Breaking bad again. My fella and I did and noticed a lot of different things we missed first time around :D x

      Delete
  8. Scott is obsessed with Minecraft, if he's not playing it or building the lego sets, he's watching videos of it on youtube. He's 5 and already asking for an xbox and pc of his own so he an play and record himself to be a gamer!
    it's great that you all play together, I really need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! He sounds like he loves Minecraft! My girls got an XBox for Christmas but actually prefer to play it on the PC. lol

      Delete
  9. There is nothing wrong with a lazy week. Kids need to relax too, especially as they get older I find and school days get busier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The school days do get busier so the holidays have to be about relaxing for us x

      Delete
  10. Sounds like a great way to spend a half term relaxing and having fun X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds quite a chilled week - not sure I've played it though, so I'd probably be rubbish at it and get beaten (a lot!) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh our week has been very similar; a lazy half term enjoying being at home - just without the minecraft hahah! Sometimes it just has to be done and enjoyed!
    Good luck with the return to school
    x
    #Wordoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've yet to discover Minecraft - it sounds very addictive! :-)

    ReplyDelete