Tuesday 2 February 2016

Memory Foam Mattress Topper - Review!

For about a year our mattress has been worn out....The springs have been poking us in the back and they don't have much spring left....It has been one of those things that we have just put up with. Last week we had a little spare money left and decided to order a Mattress Topper.

I was on Amazon ordering something else and decided to have a look. I saw the 2" King Size Memory Foam Mattress Topper and thought that will do....It was only £36.60 and well within our price range...
This 2" mattress topper is made with UK made memory foam and gives the perfect consistency for a great nights sleep when combined with a conventional mattress. The 2" Memory foam topper is placed on top of your current mattress to give better comfort, aid sleep and reduce muscle, circulation and joint problems A great value way of improving your comfort during sleep.

I ordered Thursday evening and it arrived on Saturday morning....Well done Amazon! The predicted delivery at the earliest was for Tuesday.

It came in a box, rolled up.....We stripped the bed unrolled it and put it on the bed....I felt a little disappointed with it....It smelt of chemicals and was a few inches too short....We decided to open the windows and leave it a few hours to see if it got any better.....

After about 4 hours I went to see if anything had changed.....It had. The smell had gone and it had expanded and was the perfect size for the bed! Phew!

On Saturday night we slept on it for the first time and it was absolute bliss! It is the best nights sleep I have had in years....The only issue I had was that I felt warmer in bed than usual....It isn't a bad thing though especially in this weather....I usually wake up in such a grump on a Monday morning but I woke up feeling refreshed and I had the same amount of sleep as I usually do so I think it is working wonders....

It was a cheap fix to a worn out mattress. Now the kids are asking for one each on their beds....hehehe

When I bought the mattress topper I also bought a Silentnight Quilted Mattress Protector and on Sunday that arrived. 


A Silentnight quilted mattress protector is designed to keep your mattress fresh and hygienic in addition to adding an extra layer of comfort while you sleep.

I was worried that it wouldn't fit over the mattress and the topper but it did. It is a snug fit but that means that it won't be moving around. It wasn't as thick and I expected it to be but it gives a bit of added protection to the memory foam topper.....The only think I am worried about it the material that goes over the sides is a bit thin and I can imagine it ripping quite easily but for £7.99 I think it is quite a bargain....



I was not asked to write this.....I just wanted to share.

20 comments :

  1. Oooo got to love a bit of memory foam and what a bargain #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I expected them to cost much more. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I really want some memory foam pillows, I heard they are so good. #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...That's the next thing on our list :D

      Delete
  3. That sounds really comfy! And a great price for King Size too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great way to extend the life of a mattress #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the topper made a difference! I'm thinking of getting one but they seemed so expensive - this is great value!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought they were so expensive too but this one is wonderful and a great price. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. I may have to take a look at this myself.. our mattress is quite new but it's so hard!!!

    Glad you got a good nights sleep :)

    #TriedTested

    Hannah x
    smeethsaysfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I'm all skin and bone I'm a bit princess and the pea when it comes to mattresses. It seems an excellent price for what it is. I wonder if I can sneak one of these on without the husband noticing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe. He may even thank you if you did sneak one in. x

      Delete
  8. oh wow, i have been on the look out for one of these actually, this looks exactly what im after! great review - im off to check it out! suz x beauisblue.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you've managed to get a better night's sleep. Our current topper has had it's day but we're getting a whole new bed this week - excited much!
    Thanks for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. we have bought new mattress recently, but I was always intrigued about mattress topper, they look so soft I was worried it will be too soft for our backs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want one of these but not sure I'd ever drag my bum out of bed then! #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really this is a Great post about memory foam mattress topper reviews. Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete