Friday 5 February 2016

I have actually had enough sleep.... #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is....


I have had a few good nights sleep all thanks to the memory foam mattress topper we bought.....It is amazing how two inches of foam can change your life....I haven't slept properly for ages....I would wake in the night with springs in my back, pins and needles in my arm or sore shoulders....

On Sunday morning I didn't want to get out of bed because I was so comfy so I just laid there watching YouTube videos. Something I would have never have done before getting the mattress topper....

Since then I have actually felt fine about getting up in the morning because I have had enough sleep and I am not aching....I have been hitting the snooze button less, I have cut down on my coffee intake and I feel much better for it....I have been more productive during the day and it's got to the point now where I look forward to going to bed....It seems a bit extreme to say but it really has changed my life....

In Other News....

Hasn't it been a lovely few days weather wise....(I wrote this yesterday so I hope today is just as nice!) After last weekend and having sleet on Monday it has been nice to see some sunshine...Yes it's still cold but I can cope with that as long as the sun is shining!

Ellie has a gymnastics competition next week with the school.....She has only being taking part in the after school club since Christmas so it is very exciting for her. She has an extra training session after school this week and gets to miss an afternoon of lessons which I think is the real reason she is so enthusiastic....hehehe

Since I said last week I was so proud of my girls they have kept up their good behaviour.....The school has been too....Last week one of Ellie's teachers left to start her maternity leave....She had a new teacher yesterday and it was the first real test to see if the information about her hearing loss had been passed on....I am pleased to say it had. It made me so happy that Ellie is getting the care she needs at school....

It has been a good week....

The Reading Residence

30 comments :

  1. I wish I could say I'd had enough sleep! I don't sleep very well either but mine is down to a bad back that I've suffered with for years. I don't remember what it feels like to not be tired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh no! Sending big hugs! I have suffered with a bad back for years but it has been eased over the last week. x

      Delete
  2. That does sound like a good week all round! So pleased your mattress topper is making such a difference for you, and well done to the girls (and the school!) x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would love to have a good night's sleep ;) That new topper sounds like heaven! Good luck with your daughter's gymnastics competition. #wotw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, my parents have one of those foam mattress toppers too and say it's good too. We may have to look into getting one ourselves too, but it will have to come from the UK... Watch this space!

    It must be such a relief for you to know that Ellie is getting the support she needs at school, I hope it continues. And as for missing an afternoon of school! How great!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! I'm sure you can find someone to ship to you.
      It is a huge relief Ellie is getting the help she needs...It has been a long time coming.
      Thank you x

      Delete
  5. I lurvve mattress toppers! We got one when I was pregnant and I slept so well! Glad you been sleeping so well. Sounds like the girls doing really well too :-) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  6. There’s nothing like sunshine to pick up ones moods and a good nights sure is a delight. I’m currently sleeping on a very old mattress and complaining to hubby about a bad back to no avail. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Old mattresses are the worst...I feel like a new woman now. x

      Delete
  7. I love mattress toppers! We have one and along side my pregnancy pillow I slept pretty well up to about 3 weeks ago when I been getting painful hips! Hopefully it will go once baby girl is here over the weekend! Xx

    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek! Good luck! I hope everything goes well x

      Delete
  8. Awww Kim great to hear you have had some good nights sleep. Getting enough sleep can really influence the way you think and feel. Good luck to your daughter, how exciting X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has. I have been feeling so much happier and positive.
      Thank you x

      Delete
  9. Oh this is the opposite of my wotw lol, I need one of those mattress toppers I think :)
    The weather has picked up hasn't it, I can deal with the cold as long as the sun is shining, it picks you up.
    And i'm really glad to hear the school has taken note and continuing to give Ellie the support she needs, must be such a relief for you.
    Hope you all have a fab weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you get some sleep soon....

      Delete
  10. My brother has one of those foam mattresses and I slept on it once. I found it too soft lol. I'm glad your topper has made such a big improvement on your sleep. Sleep really does make a difference to how your day goes doesn't it #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anything would have been an improvement on our old mattress....lol It probably is too soft but it is so good...hehehe Thank you x

      Delete
  11. You must be really pleased that the info about her hearing loss has been passed on to her new teacher, after all the issues you've had in the past. Clearly your last "talk" with the Head made a difference.
    And who would've thought a mattress topper could change your sleep, how much coffee you drink and even your outlook on the weather - our days have been horrible!! And well done to your girls, they must be feeling good about themselves too.
    Sounds like you've had a fab week all round xx
    #Wordofheweek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad they are finally listening about Ellie's hearing....It is such a relief.
      I have cut down on the coffee so much...In fact yesterday and so far today I haven't had any. Thank you x

      Delete
  12. A good night's sleep makes all the difference, doesn't it! Quite often I will end up in my son's bed if he has a nightmare. He's a 4 yr old in double bed that has the best memory foam mattress ever! Whenever I sleep in it I always wake up feeling far more refreshed than I would in my own bed! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are making me jealous! I doubt I will have bough sleep for at least 3 years! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am rubbish if I don't have enough sleep so I totally get you there and you spoke to soon about the weather that a terrible day it has been xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did speak too soon....lol Rain, rain go away!

      Delete
  15. You can't beat a good night's sleep, and sounds like that mattress topper has made all the difference - how fab :) Long may it continue! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  16. ah sounds like a fab week - and I am more than a bit jealous of your sleep!! Boo had decided early mornings are funfunfun!
    I am so pleased to hear that the school passed the information on - it must be such a relief!

    ReplyDelete