Friday 12 February 2016

Hearts and Love - #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


It's all been about hearts this week and a little bit of love....

It's CHD Awareness week I have shared a few posts around that subject....I did my bit supporting the wonderful Tiny Tickers charity who improve the detection, care and treatment of serious heart conditions in babies....

If you want to know more about Congenital Heart Defects do go and have a read of the lovely Louise's blog Little Hearts Big Love....She has been sharing posts too....

We got a letter through this week about the genetic testing that our heart doctor put us forward for at the girls last appointment....You can read our full story about what has gone on with our hearts....Part One and Part Two.

They offered us one in December but I really didn't fancy traveling to central Newcastle two days before Christmas....So now we have an appointment for April.

We are hopefully going to find out whether I passed the girls heart defects on to them which is highly likely as we all have nearly identical hearts. Surely it can't just be bad luck?.....We will also find out whether the girls will pass their heart defects on to their children....I know they are years off having children but it will be nice to know. Well not exactly nice but we will be prepared....This appointment is going to shape their future. I'm very nervous but interested to know too....

In Other News:

Stu and I said we weren't doing Valentines day presents this year....He only went and bought me something and ruined the whole plan so I had to get him something too.....Men are so hard to buy for Valentines day.....Well my man is. He's not into lovey dovey teddies and pretty things so I went down the Star Wars theme and bought him some things I know he would love.....


It's the first time I've used the Truffle Shuffle website and I am really impressed. I ordered lunchtime on Wednesday and everything arrived Thursday morning....I will be using them again. They have everything Stu loves....hehehe

Today Becky is taking her Valentines day card into school for her boyfriend....hehehe They have such a sweet relationship....They are the best of friends and have now being a couple for well over a year now. Ahh! Young love. They still haven't kissed yet though. Phew!

For Ellie this week has all been about gymnastics....She had two practices after school and the big competition yesterday....Her school didn't win but she had a lot of fun.

The Reading Residence

19 comments :

  1. Sounds like a lovely week Kim and have been reading and sharing your posts about CHD Awareness - thank you for the shout-out too! Good luck with getting answers about whether your heart condition is something that is likely to be passed down from you to the girls and then potentially their own children - it's good to know these things so you can be prepared for them. Love the Star Wars mug that you bought for Stu and Becky sounds so sweet with her boyfriend. I remember my first school 'boyfriend' and exchanging Valentine's gifts - I don't think we ever kissed either but we were the best of friends until we went to different schools and mostly lost touch. Hope you all have a lovely weekend and a lovely half term next week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome!
      Thank you! It will be nice to be prepared. I am hoping they are both in the clear of passing anything down but I think I am OK to hear the worst. Time will tell.

      Delete
  2. It's definitely all about hearts for you this week. I do hope that appointment goes well, and as you say, whilst not exactly nice to know, it's good to be prepared. I used Truffle Shuffle for a Star Wars Christmas gift for my husband (great minds!) and I was really impressed, too. Hope Stu likes his pressies x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I will be using Truffle Shuffle again. He loved his pressies x

      Delete
  3. Good luck with your appointment in April. I think it's better to know, as you can then prepare and talk to the girls about it.
    Love the Star Wars mug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the genetic testing goes well. My mum was born with a heart defect. She was warned that she'd never have kids. But guess what? She proved them wrong and ended up having 5! So far none of us, seem to have inherited it. If it is indeed something one can inherit :) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ahh! That's amazing about your mum! From what I can gather it is really rare to inherit heart defects but we just keep defying the odds as it's also rare to have two sisters with the exact same heart problems. lol

      Delete
  5. I hope the genetic testing goes ok. Be good to have some answers I guess though but must be a bit scary! Hubby and I aren't doing pressies (I hope!!!) haha. Have a good weekend xx #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After what we've been through with heart surgery this will be a breeze...hehehe

      Delete
  6. I really hope the genetic testing goes well, we've got this to come with the boys too.
    Truffle Shuffle have some really cool stuff don't they, I have used them a few times before.
    Hope Stu likes his star wars goodies :)
    Enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ohh good luck for your boys too!
      He loved his pressies x

      Delete
  7. Sounds like there's a lot of love going round and you can always win with Star Wars right. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww hope all goes well with the appointment
    Never heard of that website, sounds interesting. X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  9. Star wars gift sounds perfect. Hope the genetic testing goes well in April. #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were....He was very impressed!
      Thank you!

      Delete
  10. I hope that in April you get good news, I think I would want to know so that I could be prepared. Fingers and toes crossed.
    Sounds like it's been a good week though, and hurrah for internet shopping!

    ReplyDelete