Wednesday 13 May 2015

Why my tween doesn't like me....

Becky is at that age now.....The age of being hormonal and anything and everything I do is wrong....She hasn't said she hates me to my face yet but has mumbled it when walking away from me, stamping her feet and slamming doors....I remember being exactly like her when I was her age....I was probably worse but Shh! Don't tell her that!

Do you know what I have done to upset her? 
What I have done so wrong to make her dislike me so much...
Let me tell you....


When I tell her to go in the shower because that's what normal people do, they clean themselves.....She takes it to mean I am saying she smells....I have never said that! She doesn't smell because I make her go in the shower often but if left to her self she wouldn't....She thinks there is better things to do then spend 15 minutes in the shower....

I gave her £5 to spend at the tuck shop for a whole week.....Her school meals are paid for so that's £1 a day to spend on whatever she wants....I thought it was time she learned to budget her money.....Oh no, she spent it all in one day on sweets then spent the rest of the week asking for more money.....Do I have a money tree in the back yard? No! Well according to her I am horrible....She says all her friends get £5 a day (they don't)....

I won't buy her boyfriend a birthday present for £35.....Really! That is just too much!

 I bought her knickers with days of the week on them a few weeks ago....As a joke....No one is going to see them. What's the problem. Well the problem is they are babyish....She doesn't wear anything babyish anymore.....

I am treating her like a slave when I ask her to pick the clothes she has thrown on her bedroom floor up and put them in a washing basket.....They are her own clothes and her sister has to do the same....

If I ask her to do anything around the house she plays the slave card again or asks me to pay her to help.....We all pitch in here....Why should she be any different!

She has given up asking for a Facebook account she now wants an Instagram account....All her friends have one! Facebook I can sort of understand but I don't like the idea of her having an Instagram one at all....

Last weekend she played on her tablet until there was no charge left....Then went on the laptop until there was no charge left and when she was done with that wanted to go on Ellie's tablet....No! I put a stop to that idea!! She knows she is supposed to plug them in to charge and she never does....Harsh but it isn't my problem! Plug them in and they will work! 

I make her eat chicken.....She likes chicken if she doesn't know it's chicken. If I tell her it's pork she will eat it....If she finds out it is chicken she says I am trying to poison her....Drama Queen!!

She isn't really bothered about going to see One Direction now....She could have told me that before I forked out the money for tickets!! Grr! She thinks now I should sell them and give her the money....No!

I have stopped pulling pairs of rolled up socks apart and knickers out of jeans and trousers.....They get washed how they are and given back that way too.....Everyone else in the house has seemed to get this new rule. Not Becky. One day she will learn and not hate me for it....

I won't let her watch The Walking Dead , Geordie Shore or Breaking Bad....Another thing that all her friends do that she doesn't....


She loves me really.....I love her too....I wouldn't change her at all....It's just a phase....Just like the terrible two's in the toddler years....She will grow out of it.....She will....She has to.....lol

http://www.vevivos.com/2015/05/15/post-comment-love-and-newbie-showcase-15th-to-17th-may-2015/Let's Talk Mommy

19 comments :

  1. Oh my god this sounds so like my 12 year old too ! I get the slave card all the time for asking her to bring her laundry downstairs or tidy her room. And i am the worst parent ever for not letting her half the apps her friends do xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone being the worst parent in the world....lol We have to keep telling ourselves it's just a phase. lol

      Delete
  2. She doesn't look too impressed with you taking the photo either ;) Honestly, I dread the teen years! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wasn't....hehehe Oops another reason for her not to like me.

      Delete
  3. Oh I can imagine this must be a challenging time - I remember being like this at her age as well. Sounds like you are doing a great job at handling the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this age can be difficult! Can't give much advice here, but you do sound like a great mom and you're teaching her right things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not easy being a mum sometimes is it?! I hate to tell you this but my daughters continued to be challenging throughout their teen years and although I always loved them, I definitely didn't like what they were doing most of the time. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not easy.....We'll get through it then go through it all again with my youngest. lol
      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. This is exactly the reason I'm glad I have boys!! Yes they can be moody, but I've never been through this. I was a nightmare teen, I always told my mother, that if I'd had a daughter, she was having her from the teen years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! Boys seems so much easier. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Hahaha love that teenage pout in the photo!! I've got all this to look forward to lol. Have a great weekend hon xx #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has certainly mastered the art of the moody look....lol
      Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Awww tell her if she saved her allowance she could have bought her boyf a gift but that would probably result to another door slamming. When will this phase end though I want to know so that I can be ready when my son is a teenager already! #pocolo


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really good point. Why didn't I think of that! lol
      Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Stay strong! She can say whatever she wants, but you are doing what you think is best and someday she will thank you for it!
    Just a side note on the Instagram...my daughter only has that type of social media, but with these rules: she is set to private, can only accept people after running it by us first and the same for following others. And we can check it whenever. So far so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have told her no Social media until she is 13 and I don't want to go back on it. She only has a few more months to wait x

      Delete
  10. Oh I think we all have this stage coming with our own children and the teenage hormones and days really do scared me a little and I know I won't be there favorite person for a few good years during it. lol You aren't alone. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me #sharewithme

    ReplyDelete