Tuesday 12 May 2015

Vita Coco Kids - Review & Blogger Challenge!

Recently I was contacted and asked if I would like to join in with a blogger challenge with Vita Coco Kids....We were sent a design your own sunglasses kit and most importantly some samples of Vita Coco Kids which we have never tried before...


Vita Coco Kids is a naturally fruit flavoured coconut water drink...There are two flavours Apple & Blackcurrant and Mango & Pineapple....


Vita Coco Kids coconut water comes from young green coconuts (never from concentrate) and is blended with natural fruit flavourings and water.....It has no added colourings, sugars or preservatives and contains naturally occurring potassium to help keep little monkeys naturally hydrated.....

Before trying the drinks Ellie was keen to get on with decorating the sunglasses....If there is one thing my girl likes more than new food or drink to try it's glitter glue....lol She insisted wearing an apron (clever girl) so she didn't ruin her Frozen top.....


I managed to stop her halfway through her creating to try out the drinks.....

She said they tasted funny but funny in a good way.....I think it was down to the fact they weren't full of sugar and other nasties.....She tried both of the flavours and really couldn't pick a favourite....She decided after a few mouthfuls of each that they tasted good....We saved Becky some to try when she got in from school and she loved them too....They both said Vita Coco Kids is nicer then the normal juice we get and want me to buy this in future......

I of course had a taste too.....They were both very tasty and the Mango & Pineapple one was my favourite.....They were refreshing and if we ever have some hot weather I will be buying some to freeze....They would be perfect as icy treats.

The only thing I didn't like was they were a bit fiddly to open....Ellie couldn't manage and even I struggled a little....


Ellie soon finished designing her sunglasses and I must say I think they look very glam and glittery.....The more glitter the better, right? She had great fun modelling them for me....We got rather silly....


Vita Coco Kids is available from all the big supermarkets with a RRP of £2.99 for a pack of 4 x 180ml pack....These would be ideal for school packed lunches as they are "school compliant"....They are something I would consider buying in the future especially over the summer months....


We were sent some Vita Coco Kids free of charge to try...This is our honest review...All thoughts and opinions are of course my girls and my own....

18 comments :

  1. I've never seen those drinks but they look great for refreshment on days out over the summer. The glasses look fab, so bright and colourful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sunglasses. We got some of those drinks free last year as an entry prize when the boys did their own special post on my blog which they were rather proud of, but neither of them liked the drinks, I ended up drinking the rest and found them okay #triedandtested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! That's a shame they didn't like them....They are not for everyone.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. I'll be looking for these when we visit my in-laws in the UK this summer, as I love coconut water and just can't find a brand I like here in Italy! I'd be interested to know what my toddler makes of them too. Looks like you had a lot of fun with the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're worth a try. We did have a lot of fun! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. We love the mango one here. They're great for taking out and about. N just likes the novelty of that pack type!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very handy. We love the packaging design too :)

      Delete
  5. We tried these drinks at Lollibop last Summer and they were a big hit with my son and I! Love the glasses, they remind me of Timmy Mallet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! They are a bit like Timmy Mallets. Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Fun glasses! they look very stylish

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like Coco Vita I tried these (I think at the Good Food show) and was a bit sceptical about adding the flavours but they were really good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my kids love these drinks!!! love the glasses, very trendy #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love coconut water - didn't know they do a kids' version! Will have to try it out.
    #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete