Friday 29 May 2015

This time last year.... #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is....

It's crazy to think that in about 6 weeks the kids break up for the six week summer holidays....This whole year has flown over. It doesn't seem that long since I was sat crying at Becky's leavers assembly.....

This time last year we were visiting Becky's secondary school that she would be starting in September and meeting her new teachers....I was worrying like mad....Would she be OK? Would she make friends? Would she cope with the work? She was, did and has....In a few weeks time she won't be a newbie at school....There will be a whole year group below her....

I am really sad to see this school year is coming to an end.....Ellie's teacher Miss T has been amazing....Someone who is strict but nice with it....It has been just what Ellie has needed....All her teachers in the past have been a walkover and Ellie has known this.....Her behaviour has greatly improved especially since Christmas and I will be so sad that Miss T won't be teaching her next year....I just hope her new teacher has the same effect.

It came up on my Timehop app on my phone that a year ago yesterday Becky and I went to see One Direction in concert....

 
How is that a year ago! 

This last week we have made lots of new memories that we will be able to look back on in years to come....We've been to the park, had water fights, baked cakes and other yummy treats, watched dvd's, played Minecraft and enjoyed the week of Britain's got Talent.....Every night has been a late night for the kids which has resulted in lazy mornings which has been absolute bliss!

The Reading Residence

28 comments :

  1. Sounds like a lovely week and doesn't time seem to fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely to look back over the year - so glad that Becky has settled in so well to her secondary school and that Ellie's teacher has been just what she needed. It's crazy how quickly the time flies isn't it? Hope you have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is scary how quickly life is passing by - but reminiscing is a great word, and yay to lazy mornings! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I remember you going to see One D, too! The year has flown by. Like you, this time last year I was getting upset about my Boo starting school in September, but now she's coming to the end of her first year. I'll be sad as I like her teacher, too. Oh well, time rolls on! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has flown over....We're off to see 1D later this year too..Thank you x

      Delete
  5. It's nice to reminisce but yes doesn't time fly! Sir will be starting High School in September. Can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word time just flies, I can't believe school's will be breaking up so soon for summer hols!

    Helen - #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...There's only something like 30 school days left for us, not long at all x

      Delete
  7. It is scary how fast time flies isn't it!.
    Some great memories there.
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it is almost June. It is insane. I'm glad things have worked out for the girls at school and you have had such a fun week with them. Lazy mornings! Bonus! xx #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so scary! That in six weeks time, they will be moving up another level. Where has the time gone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....I'm pretty relaxed about the change for once. Thank you x

      Delete
  10. Awww this made me think of me a year ago worrying about how my son would cope with his new school too as he is starting FS! So many memories to reminisce to! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your boy has done so well this last year and grown so much x

      Delete
  11. Gosh, time just goes by so quickly doesn't it! I can't believe that in 15 days time we'll be half way through the year already...scary thought, huh?!
    It is lovely to look back - my children would be so jealous of you going to a OneDirection concert! - but sounds like you're also making some lovely future memories too
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so scary this year is nearly half way through....
      We're off to see 1D later this year too....Ugh!
      Thank you x

      Delete
  12. Time flies. It was this time last year, I was worrying whether to keep my twins together in class, now they've nearly had their first year in school. Sounds like you've had a good week too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Time does fly...I hope the twins are doing ok at school x

      Delete
  13. Sounds like a lovely week, but I totally agree time goes to fast - I don't even want to think about Boo going to school never mind secondary school!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Boo is still little....Enjoy every moment! Thank you x

      Delete
  14. Great to reminisce sometimes, we often do with the kids baby boxes. It really does go fast doesn't it? x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does....We love looking through the baby boxes too! Thank you!

      Delete