Thursday 28 May 2015

Fun in the kitchen....

As I said in my meal plan this week I was getting the kids to help in the kitchen....Partly to ease the boredom of half term and partly to give me an easy week cooking...hehehe

We made pizza's earlier in the week and yesterday we baked cakes, made jelly and got experimental with ready made pastry....

First up was the Jelly....They had been dying to use the jelly moulds that the people from Lionsgate sent us....


Next up was chocolate chip cookies....We officially suck at making cookies look nice....They do taste good though even though they are a little burnt...lol


Then we tried something new....Hot dog rolls!....I have seen people making these before and they look like a great idea...Giant hot dogs and tomato puree in pastry....So simple but it works....I would have added onions but we don't seem to have any....I could have sworn I bought a bag of frozen one's at the weekend! Oh well.


They turned out better then I expected and the kids absolutely loved them.....I wish I had made more....We will be making them again...

Of course we had to make a cake too and brownies....YUM!

 
 We ate well last night.....We stuffed ourselves silly!!

3 comments :

  1. What a lovely week of cooking and baking you have had! I love that cake with the jelly babies - looks so yummy and those hot dog rolls look great too - must give them a go as my girls would love these. Glad you have been having a lovely half-term together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had great fun. Its always brilliant when the kids get involved, not so much fun cleaning up after

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the girls had loads of fun in the kitchen i know my eldest loves to help out . The cake looks great with all the sweets on xx

    ReplyDelete