Thursday 1 January 2015

Goodbye 2014.....

2014 was good to us....There hasn't been any major disasters or incidents....We have been plodding along with life quite happily.....

I've been looking back through all the photos throughout the year and there's plenty of things that I had forgotten about....

January.....

We recovered from Christmas....It rained a lot!! Fluffy, Ellie's class pet came to visit...I had my Contraceptive Implant changed...We did lots of arts and crafts on rainy days and Ellie cut her hair....Grrr!


February....

It was Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week.....We decorated the living room....Becky went on her first sleepover and Ellie and I had a day of fun....I thought my laptop troubles were over....


March.....

Was the month of sickness.....We all had a sicky bug through March! It was confirmed that Becky needed Braces....Ellie discovered she loved Lego....I started watching the Oscar Pistorius trial as it happened....I watched every day and it was a real eye opener to South African law....I won the best kettle ever and we watched Frozen for the first time and we were all hooked! I've seen it at least a hundred times since.....We still love it!


April....

It was Easter and the weather was getting warmer....We had a lot of fun as a family! I even had a day off from mam duties and went and saw a great band in Newcastle.....Gone are the wild days of partying....By 11pm we were sat in a pub having hot chocolate and pulled pork sandwiches....lol 


 May....

Becky & I went to see One Direction! We're going to see them again later this year too....Give me strength! Becky had her SAT's exams....We visited Becky's secondary school that she would be starting in September....Stu and I watched Breaking Bad....If you haven't seen it, watch it!


 June....

I won a phone!! Hooray! A fancy Samsung one and it brought me into the modern age.....lol We went to the beach, fairs and the park lots.....It was the World Cup....I wasn't keen on football until then....A lot of late nights were had watching the matches....Funny though I've never watched football since and The girls had their sports day....


July....

We had sunshine....More days out.....Becky left primary school....I was terrified how she would cope with Secondary school she wasn't worried.....Until we got the homework to do over the summer holidays..... We had water fights, fun in the kitchen....We made ice lollies....It really was a good start to the summer....


 August....

It was Stu & Ellie's birthday....The month of the Ice Bucket Challenge....We had the best day out at Alnwick Garden....Had lots of lazy days and really enjoyed the summer...


September....

The kids went back to school, Becky started Secondary school and it was her birthday....She settled in so well and I felt such a fool for spending months worrying.....We were told Ellie was completely deaf in her right ear and Niall out of One Direction came to visit....lol


October....

Nothing much happened in October apart from the hoo-ha with my Twitter account....We plodded on with family life but did have a great time going out trick or treating....


November....

It was my birthday.....I was well and truly spoilt....I was well and truly into Christmas shopping....I celebrated two years blogging....We had fun with our own Bushtucker Trials.....At the end of November our Christmas tree went up....


December....

Elizabeth the elf arrived....There was Christmas carols, discos, Christmas jumpers, parties, shopping....I went crazy entering the advent competitions.....I never won the xBox I wanted.....hehehe....We had a wonderful Christmas. The best one ever according to the kids....




It has been a good year.....Nothing much to complain about at all...I hope next year is the same or even better for us!!

Happy New Year!!
  

6 comments :

  1. Great review of your year, I love looking back on things that have happened :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun-packed year! Hope 2015 is the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review of a busy and fun looking year =)
    Hope you have a great 2015

    ReplyDelete