Friday 22 August 2014

The Countdown....

Hooray....Friday again which means Word of The Week time....

This week my word is....

The countdown is on!! We have a few exciting weeks coming up.....

I think we're just about ready for school to start....The uniform and shoes are bought.....Becky has all her pens and stationary.....PE kits are sorted.....All that's left to get is a new coat for both the girls.....

Becky is counting down the days until she starts secondary school and she can't wait....I'm counting down the days reluctantly....She's going to grow up fast when she goes to secondary school.....I'm dreading it....

The girls are counting down to their birthdays....Ellie's a week today and Becky's on the 10th of September....All the presents are bought....I just have to wrap them and I know what cakes they want....I just have the cards to buy....They are so excited....Ellie started counting down the days to go at the end of last month....

Stu is counting down the days until he starts his holidays from work.....We have a few trips planned....We're going to Alnwick Garden and a shopping trip to Newcastle which will probably end up in a trip to either T.G.I. Friday's or Frankie and Bennys...We haven't decided yet! We will probably end up at the soft play center and the park too depending on the weather....

http://www.thereadingresidence.com/word-of-the-week/

11 comments :

  1. Ooh, lots of lovely things to be counting down to! Have fun! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a lot to look forward to! Hope you have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sound mega organised for the next steps!

    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time really does fly doesn't it? My oldest is off to primary school soon - don't know where the time has gone! Sounds like you're much better prepared than we are though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! I hope your eldest settles in well at school x

      Delete
  5. Is it sad that I'm looking forward to when Gwenn's old enough to be in school uniform?!? I love those checked dresses that they wear in the summer. I hope she goes to a primary that allows them. I used to LOVE mine so much. It reminded me of Neighbours :-)

    xx

    #weekendbloghop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so cute....Neither of my girls like them so I have never bought any! :(

      Delete
  6. The secondary school years bring joys as well as challenges like all periods of parenting. My son took a while to settle but had just lost his Grandfather and moved house in the same month as starting his new school so understandable. By his second year he had heartfelt friends and was doing well before we moved again and he has done well on moving.
    Enjoy making special memories in the last few days before the big adventure

    ReplyDelete