Thursday 14 August 2014

I do love the summer holidays.....

Ahhh we're about half way through the school holidays already...How did that happen?! The weather has taken a turn for the worse....Jumpers and winter slippers have been brought out and we've hit the boredom stage but we're still trying to do a new thing every day despite the weather trying to ruin our plans....I still love the summer holidays though....



There is no alarm clocks going off at 7am in the morning!!

We might get lie in's!! As long as the kids sleep I do too...

The days out.....We can go for days out and not have to worry about the time....

No uniforms to wash, find & sort out....

I don't hate Mondays anymore.....Every day seems like a weekend day.

We get to do things we wouldn't usually have time for....Arts and crafts, baking and playing games....

No lost school shoes, bags, books, etc....

No rushing about having to be out the house for 8.20am...

The kids can play outside all day and late into the evening! Well as long as the weather is nice....

No early nights...

The girls can get dressed in minutes....They can pick their own clothes...

No feeling guilty for me having to bring the kids in for tea, get bathed and be in for 7pm....If it's nice they can play out till late and have a bath in the morning!

I get help with the housework....hehehe

As much as my girls love school we do have a happier house in the summer holidays as there is no stress of school and the girls get to do their own thing...


The summer holidays means it's nearly time for birthdays....Stu's later this week....Ellie's a couple of weeks after and Becky's a couple of weeks after that!

Did I mention no alarm clocks and lie in's....lol 

What do you love about the summer holidays?

2 comments :

  1. This is a lovely positive post! You should add it to my reasons to be cheerful, today. Share the happiness xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughters are both at uni now and the summer holidays last for 3 whole months! Seems as though one daughter has been at home forever, but it's so lovely to see her. My eldest arrived home yesterday for a whole month... I expect absolute chaos for the duration with the 4 of us in the house!
    Make the most of the last few weeks of the holidays with your girls x

    ReplyDelete