Wednesday 30 October 2013

My 'to-do' list....



Making a to do list should be easy....You just write down all the things you need to do....Do them and then check them off your list as you go along....

I have never been great at completing my 'to do' lists....I'm brilliant at writing lists and I often do...
Grocery shopping lists....Presents I have to buy people for Christmas....Bills which need paying....Jobs which need doing about the house....Blog posts I need to write....The list goes on....

Reading about 'to do' lists for this blog post it has made me realise I am being so unrealistic and tough on myself trying to get too much done in one day....I seem to always put too many tasks on my lists.....Have sheets of paper all over the place and for every item that I cross off the list I think of another three items to go on it...I never finish a list as I put so many things on them...

I have seen the error of my ways....To get my act together I am going to have two lists....No more sheets of paper about the house....No more lists with about 50 things to do that day....

I am going to have one list which I will write every night before I go to bed...Ready for the next day with things which must be done that day and another of things which need to be done but there is no urgency which I can add things to when I think of them..... 

So today's list will go...

Bake some Halloweeny cakes and biscuits...
Carve the pumpkins with the girls...
Phone my Aunt Jean to ask about the girls PJ's...
Make Pumpkin soup for tea...
Chase up a couple of prizes I won which haven't arrived...
Change the beds...
Pay the water bill...
Wash the kids PE kits...
Finish entering the competitions which end on the 31st...

That seems realistic.....Nothing on there which can't be achieved....Then if I complete all of that I can do something on the none urgent list....

The anytime - none urgent list will include....

Christmas presents for Stu, Dad, Sarah & Aunt Jean....
Plan what we're doing for Bonfire night...
Get a new washing line...
Back up all the photos and take the ones off the camera...
Look into changing gas and electricity supplier...
Spend the Sainsburys voucher I have...
Sort out the Christmas decorations and decide what we need to buy...
Get a new pair of boots....
Sort out the dressing up boxes...
Write my birthday wishlist...
Tidy the back yard...
Sort out the DVD's...Sell them...
Start paying the next quarter of the Gas & Electric bill...
Sort through the Christmas presents and take stock of what I have already got...
Get a provisional driving license....


Do you make to do lists?

This is an entry into the Mumsnet Blogger competition
 

1 comment :

  1. No as I always find I never complete them as I am too ambitious with what I want to achieve! I think I need to work on this!

    ReplyDelete