Thursday 20 June 2019

Recreating a photo on our favourite bench.

A couple of weeks ago we had a day out in Amble. Our happy place. Over the years of visiting there has been a bench where we always seem to take photos.

Way back in 2006 there was Becky and I. This was our first day out as a family. At the time we didn't know we were going to be a family as Stu and I had been together for a while, it was still early days. It was a time where Ellie wasn't even thought of and we didn't know that Amble was such a special place.


In 2013 we had an amazing day out to Amble. It was the hottest day, I of course got sunburnt and I took this photo. I loved it so much that I got it printed onto a canvas and it's on our living room wall! Ellie was about 5 or 6 years old and Becky was 10 or 11 years old.


In 2017 there was another trip to Amble and our bench. Ellie was 9 or so years old and Becky was about 14 years old.


A couple of weeks ago we visited again and took the same photo on the bench. It is crazy to see how much my girls have grown up in just a few of years. I know kids grow up but seeing them in the same spot over the years does feel so strange.


Becky especially looks grown up. More a woman than a girl now and Ellie has more of the tween/teen look about her too. I think the only one which doesn't look any older is Stu. lol

3 comments :

  1. Aw, I love this! How nice that you have gone back to the same place and taken these pics. Your girls have changed so much!
    I totally agree with you about Stu, he hasn't aged one bit! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tradition! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete