Friday 12 April 2019

This week my Word of the Week is: Different! #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


We have had the first week of the Easter holidays and they have been different to what we're used to. My girls have actually been getting along and have been a delight to be around. I don't expect it to last.

The kids had their hair dyed over the weekend and every time I look at them I have to look twice. It makes them look so different. They love it. It will be a shame to see it gone at the end of next week. They're already planning to dye it again over the summer holidays.


Becky has been into school for a few hours most days this past week for GCSE revision classes. She has loved it. She hasn't had to wear her uniform and they have been provided with biscuits, cakes and snacks. One of the teachers was rewarding the kids with Mini Eggs when they got a question right and she had maths revision on Wednesday and to make it fun the teacher gave them a tube of Smarties to use to measure volume, area and things like that. She seems to have learned more in the last week than the last two years. I've always said she works well when she's rewarded with food. lol She wants school to be this fun all the time!

As much as I love Becky it has been nice to have some one on one time with Ellie. We baked on Monday and had great fun. Instead of just baking cupcakes we made some different things. Brownies with Mini Eggs in and some bunny and Easter egg cookies. We also made the Unicorn biscuits for National Unicorn day. Everything turned out so well.

The kids have been making the most of the nice weather. They've been out on their bikes, to the park a couple of times and been into town for a look around the shops. It has made a nice change from them sitting indoors on their laptop and tablets all day.


11 comments :

  1. It sounds like you've had a great first week of the Easter hols, the girls hair looks fab. I think if someone had given me mini eggs as a revision reward I would have smashed my exams lol. Have a great weekend x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their hair!! Were you tempted to join in? The better weather makes so much difference. Mine have been out more too. I remember my eldest doing revision at school over the Easter holiday last year. They do make it fun. Hope next week is fun for you all too. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does all sound a little different, coloured hair, school in the holidays and having one girl around instead of two. I like the idea of rewarding maths questions with sweet treats. Now, only if they'd done that in my day, I might have passed my exam! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their hair looks fab, I bet that pink was hard to get? I bet they are thrilled with it. The brownies sound fab GSCE is hard year but I remember Jack enjoying revision sessions like this x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the girl's hair looks very cool! like someone else said, if I'd had sweets as a reward for doing maths I'd have done a lot better LOL! Karen - Early Rising Mum

    ReplyDelete
  6. when are you going to do your hair! I bet your eldest can't wait to finish, I know mine can't x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds a fab week, the hair looks brilliant. It is amazing wheb they get on lol. My half term had only just began X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that look. It is like they have accidentally dipped their hair in paint pots. It also sounds like the girls have a fantastic teacher. Fun is definitely the way forward. #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad the extra curricular schooling is going well, nice of the teachers to give up their time and to make it for for the children as well.
    Do love the hair and nice they are making the most of the weather and going out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great that Becky's teachers are making revision time fun, it's a shame that they can't do it like that all the time ;)

    Love the hair colours!

    #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Making revision classes more fun and providing food sounds like a good way of encouraging the children to revise. Glad Becky is enjoying it and how lovely to have that one-to-one time with Ellie. I love the hair colours - they look fun :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete