Saturday 10 November 2018

Loison Panettone with Ciaculli Mandarin from Sous Chef - Review!

I was recently introduced to Sous Chef an online shop for people who love cooking and food! I have quite a few people to buy for this Christmas and I am always looking for new ideas. They have cookware, tableware, ingredients and even aprons.

I was more interested in the huge selection of gifts. Everything had me oohing and ahhing. They have everything from cookbooks, hampers, recipe kits, Christmas crackers, tasting selections, stocking fillers and even foodie gifts for kids!

I was asked if I would like to sample one of their gifts and I had to say yes. I was lucky enough to be sent the Loison Panettone with Ciaculli Mandarin.


Italian panettone makes a gorgeous gift and when it comes packaged like this it is something special. The box is beautifully wrapped and the ribbon is the perfect finishing touch.

It seemed wrong to open it but it had to be done.

Loison have been baking panettones for over 75 years, started by Tranquillo Loisin in 1838. And today his grandson Dario cares for the business. For Loisin’s ‘top line’ panettones, all the ingredients are carefully selected by Dario: the freshest eggs, butter and cream from Italy’s mountain farms, and fine Italian flours and sugar. The panettones are made with the traditional sourdough process. Each yeasted cake takes 72 hours from beginning to end. This gentle proving gives rise to the panettone’s exquisite texture and rich flavour.


The Loison mandarin panettone is a celebration of the Italian Ciaculli mandarin. Every panettone is rich in zesty candied mandarin pieces and juicy raisins. A hint of Madagascan vanilla makes the panettone beautifully aromatic. Enjoy in the evenings with a glass of orange liqueur or whiskey, or lightly toast some slices for breakfast.

It smelled amazing and I couldn't wait to cut it! The kids were hanging around so we all had a try. It was amazing! It was light, fluffy and the raisins were juicy.


This would make an amazing gift for someone and I would say it is well worth the £16.95 that it costs.

Do you like Panettone? Have you tried this brand before?

I was sent thiLoison Panettone with Ciaculli Mandarin free of charge in exchange for this blog post.

4 comments :

  1. Oh my I want some of this right now! I love pannetone and this one looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely gift idea Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong that I never tried Panettone before, I really must try some this Christmas. I love the way it is packaged and would make a lovely gift for somebody x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have never tried Panettone before, it looks really tasty though! I am off to have a little browse on their site. x

    ReplyDelete