Tuesday 21 August 2018

100% Natural Frozen Smoothies from Fraw!

I do love a smoothie and since getting our Breville blender I have one most days....I am always on the look out for new recipes and tastes. Banana, strawberries and milk does get a bit boring after a while.....

Up until a couple of weeks ago I had never heard of Fraw. They have came up with an idea which is new to me.....A smoothie subscription service!!


Fraw freeze the ingredients to their smoothies at peak ripeness within hours of being picked at the farm to lock in all the nutrients and flavour.....They then send the frozen fruit and everything else to you need to make the tastiest smoothies....

The package was delivered with clear instructions on the outside that frozen produce was contained....The bags of frozen fruit were wrapped and had an ice pack which kept everything frozen. I was quite surprised at how frozen!

For each smoothie there is a paper cup, a straw, a bag of frozen fruit and a superfood sachet...All of the packaging is recyclable including the straws. Hooray!


The fruit bags come with the exact portion so there is no wastage....To make them you simply pour a liquid of your choice up to the cup fill line and add to a blender along with the fruit/vegetables and superfood sachet contents. There are clear instructions and options about what can mix with your smoothie...Different milks, juices or water...

These are so simple to make which makes it really handy if you are in a rush in a morning....

Each cup is crammed with up to 10 super ingredients per cup. Every blend is high in fibre, a source of omega 3 and 2 of your 5 a day. 

There are three flavours....Cleanse, Energise and Immunity! I do love their names. It gives you such a clear idea of what you are getting from the drinks.

Cleanse
Pineapple, Mango, Spinach, Kale, Avocado, Ginger and boosted with seeds and superfoods containing Flax Seed, Moringa, Wheatgrass & Spirulina .... 


Swap your morning coffee for this detoxifying ginger and avocado smoothie that leaves your mind and skin glowing. This nutrient loaded smoothie is a perfect balance of sweet pineapple, fiery ginger and creamy avocado that masterfully hides the taste of the greener veggies!!


I mixed this with water....To be honest I didn't want to waste juice or any sort of milk on it. I have never tried a drink with Kale in which I have liked....To be honest when pouring it into the blender it looked rank and didn't hold out much hope for it.....It turns out looks can be deceiving! It was drinkable. In fact it was more than just drinkable it was very nice to drink! It was refreshing and I could imagine and want to drink this again.....The kids even liked it! I did have the lid on the cup, I have a feeling that if they saw the colour they would have been put off.....

Energise
Strawberry, Banana, Pomegranate, Blueberry,  Acai and boosted with seeds and superfoods containing Flax Seed, Cacao, Maca, Guarana...


They've squeezed three of the world’s finest antioxidant-rich superfruits into this mouthwatering mix. Guaranteed to kick start your day, this berry blend provides a natural energy boost from a powerful and delicious combo of Guarana, Maca & Cacao. You’ll be slurping down this smoothie in record time!


This was the smoothie I was most excited about....I mixed this with orange juice and blended it up....It smelled amazing and tasted amazing until I got to the seeds...I am not a fan of seeds in bits in my drinks but that is just me. The smoothie tasted so good and the only thing that put me off was the bits....All of the flavours work so well together and there isn't one that overpowers the others. Without the bits in it would have been my favourite out of the three.....

Immunity
Mango, Peach, Banana, Carrot, Sweet Potato & Coconut and boosted with seeds and superfoods including Flax Seed, Baobab, Turmeric & Ginger.....


Our body is a temple and Fraw are here to keep it that way. Boosted with turmeric & ginger, this flu-fighting smoothie naturally contains vitamin C and A to help keep your immune system in check. So while you enjoy the delicious taste of ripe mango and creamy coconut, those germs better find another temple!


I love, love. love this!! This one was by far my favourite....The flavours were so good. I like sweet potato but I have never tried it in a smoothie and I will be tempted to try it again...


I would have liked to have seen an option of buying just the frozen fruit bags and the superfood sachets....With the blender I have you mix whatever you are mixing in the bottles so the cups, lids and straws were a bit wasted on us....They are a good idea if you have a different type of blender though.....

I love the ideas of getting smoothies sent to you through the post but you buy six cups for £18 which works out at £3 a cup.....If you were making these instead of buying a coffee on the run it would be worth it for the goodness you get from these smoothies but to be honest I would not pay these prices when I can buy fresh fruit/veg, freeze it myself and the ingredients for a lot less per portion....

I was sent these free of charge to try in exchange for a couple of Instagram photos and this blog post....

No comments :

Post a Comment