Sunday 8 October 2017

Where I want to holiday in the UK. Day 8 of #Blogtober17

I am taking part in Blogtober17 and will be writing posts with various themes/prompts throughout October...Today's prompt is: Holidays.

As a family we have never been on holiday....This isn't a woe is me post....I don't work so I can stay home and be there for the kids so we only have one wage coming in. We have enough money to live and for a few luxuries but not enough for a holiday.....We are happy staying home.


If we were to go away on holiday it wouldn't have to be anything fancy. We probably wouldn't even travel out of the UK. I would be happy so long as there is Wi-Fi. hehehe

Seahouses - Northumberland.


It may seem strange choosing somewhere in the same county where we live but as my fella and I don't drive it is such a long bus ride away. To enjoy it properly we would need a few days....I would like to take a boat ride around the Farne Islands, have fish & chips,  and just take in the sea air.

Coombe Mill - Cornwall.

The lovely Fiona who is also a blogger owns and runs Coombe Mill with her family. It is a working farm and has several Luxury self catering lodges and cottages....It always looks like so much fun on the farm with tractor rides, activities, play areas, crafts and of course all the animals to see.

Blackpool.


I can still remember holidays as a child visiting Blackpool....I would love to take the kids one day. We would ride on a tram, go to the Pleasure Beach, go up the tower and if we time it right see the famous Blackpool Illuminations!

York


York doesn't seem that far away from us by train and I would love to visit especially at Christmas. The markets sound amazing. I have no interest in trains but would fancy visiting the National Railway Museum and I would love to go on a ghost tour too. I think the kids would love the York Dungeon & the Jorvik Viking Centre....

London.

I couldn't go and forget about our countries capital. There is so much that I would want to do in London. I think I'd need to spend a week there to fit everything in and plenty of money. I would be a proper tourist go for a ride on the London Eye, see a show in the west end, see Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, cross the Thames in a cable car, visit the Natural History Museum, Madame Tussauds, Tate Modern, Hyde Park....The list can go on and on. I think we would actually need a month to do and see everything. lol


14 comments :

  1. You would love York, it is so beautiful, trains aren't my thing but the railway museum is fab. London is just amazing I wrote about it in my post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. York isn't that far from us on a train so the possibility is there. Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Some great choices, we loved York and London. I would love to visit Coombe Mill too, it always looks like so much fun. I would love to visit Northumberland too, the coast always looks so beautiful #blogtober17

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Coombe Mill always looks like so much fun. There's always something going on! Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Don't forget to enter Fiona from Coombe Mill's competition on her facebook page. You could win a holiday there for Christmas. I've met Fiona and she really is lovely, I'd love to go to Coombe Mill someday x p.s. I'll message you on Facebook x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about entering the competition but to get there it would still cost us a small fortune because neither Stu or I drive. lol Thanks for your message xx

      Delete
  4. Coombe Mill looks glorious, I stayed near there this year. I always stay in the UK, if you ever fancied a holiday keep an eye out for last minute deals, that's what we do xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're going to have to have a holiday soon. The last minute deals sound a great idea. Thank you x

      Delete
  5. Oh I love London. It's my favourite place. I even got married there :) And I used to love Blackpool as a kid. I remember driving along the illuminations hanging out of the sun roof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I remember doing that in Blackpool too. Great memories. Thank you x

      Delete
  6. Next year I want to visit more of the UK too. It was so handy taking the ferry from Ireland at Easter. Very enjoyable trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many great places to explore in this country, before you even think of flying anywhere. What a great list. I don't think I've ever been to Blackpool and I'd love to go to the Farne Islands. Nothing beats fish and chips by the sea. I'm with you on that one! #MMBC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been to York, or Northumberland. I grew up in the South of England, and three of my favourite places to holiday in this country are funnily enough, where I went at weekends up until I was about 15. Weymouth, Bournemouth and Devon have some really beautiful beaches, parks and activities. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's a few places on your list that I've never visited and would love to. Coombe Mill is definitely one of them! :-)

    ReplyDelete