Wednesday 25 October 2017

2017 was the year that I.... Day 25 of #Blogtober17

I am taking part in Blogtober17 and will be writing posts with various themes/prompts throughout October...Today's prompt is: Year in Review!

This was such a hard prompt to write for...I have loads to say about 2017 but it is my blogs 5th birthday next month so I am saving writing about blog life until then and I always save writing about my girls until the end of the year so it seems this blog post will all be about me...I hate writing about me.


2017 was the year that I: stopped caring about what people thought about me....If myself and my family are happy what business is it of anyone else...

2017 was the year that I: started watching Game of Thrones.....I had tried in the past but I just couldn't get into it....This year I watched some top 10 countdown of it and needed to see more. About a month before the new series started I tried to catch up. It is an amazing show!

2017 was the year that I: lost my mother. She died...I felt bad for not caring but lots of people gave me a lot of support and were there for me......I hadn't spoken or seen my mother in about  8 years...I have blogged about it in the past.

2017 was the year that I: thought I was going to lose my dad....He has had some health problems but thankfully is over the worst now. He had me really worried for while.

2017 was the year that I: started eating breakfast. I never used to but now every morning I have at least a slice of toast or a breakfast bar....I feel better for it.

2017 was the year that I: realised I am not a bad parent....My girl may have some sort of Autism. I am doing everything I can but sometimes if felt like it wasn't enough...

2017 was the year that I: came to the conclusion that I would much rather stay in my pj's, watch TV and drink wine instead of going out. It is just too much effort....

2017 was the year that I: started to do little things to treat myself like buying fresh flowers every week.

2017 was the year that I: lost weight...I went from a size 20 to a size 16/18 in clothes....I didn't diet as such I just stopped the snacking and drinking fizzy pop.

2017 was the year that I: learned how to poach an egg thanks to the TV show This Morning....

2017 was the year that I: spent some money on myself and got new clothes, trainers and a coat....I usually get the kids everything they need and I do without.....They didn't do without though. Instead of getting 10 new outfits in the summer they got 7 and I bought myself some clothes.

This year has had it's ups and downs but it looks like things are now looking up....

2 comments :

  1. Oh I just love this post! So many new things and I love how lots of small things have actually made up what sun's overall like a great year for you! #blogtober17

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. I love that you are starting to think about yourself, it has to be good for your family too. I'm not watching GOT but did start reading the books back in January. Maybe I'll finish next year. I want to finish (I need to know what happens. Eat) but will be sad when I do.
    Glad your dad is in the mend too xx #Blogtober17

    ReplyDelete