Friday 4 August 2017

Outside all week... #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


On Sunday my fella Stu gave the backyard a tidy and weeded it. Considering it is all concrete there sure was a lot of weeds around the outside and on the walls...That was the start of the girls spending more time outside. I haven't been outside much but my girls have.....


At the start of the holidays I was worried about them spending too much time on electronics but I really shouldn't have worried. I said they could have 4 hours a day. That's it. This week I don't think they have hit their limit once. That is including my teen Becky too who is obsessed with watching YouTube.

They have played with water, played out with friends. Out, out. Away from the security of the back yard and out of my sight. It's been nice having some free time but I can't be productive because when they are in the big wide world I worry....I am sure I will get used to it. Becky always has her mobile phone with her so I can check up on them and I have, several times.... 

They have been to the park, played football and tag in the back street, eaten meals outside, played on their scooters on the front street and been to the park some more....

We made some Moon Sand and I made the girls play with that outside....They made enough mess making it I couldn't be doing with more mess inside too. hehehe


The weather has been so strange. It is going from glorious sunshine one minute to rain showers and grey sky the next. I just want some proper weather for this time of the year. Sunshine, blue skies and dryness! Then I may spend some more time outside.....

The weather hasn't stopped the girls though....On Wednesday we had a rainy afternoon....I was all for snuggling down and watching a film but they were having none of it. They played outside in the rain for a good hour. It was just spitty/drizzly rain not a full on downpour!


I have been letting the girls play out in the back yard until about half past eight on an evening....The other night it was coming up to 9pm and Ellie started asking to play outside again.....Eesh! She wasn't ready to be done playing. 

As I write this the girls are outside again....They keep running in when it rains and are straight back out when it eases off....I have no idea what they are playing but I can hear giggles and chatter through the window.....Such a lovely sound to hear!


16 comments :

  1. It is wonderful when the call of the outside is stronger than that of the screen. My three have a 4 hour daily limit and they're not hitting it either. Same kind of weather here but they are loving their outside time too. It does feel strange when they take themselves off without you, doesn't it? I'm growing used to it...#wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must make some moon sand this holiday. It looks fun. Popping back from #CountryKids

      Delete
  2. It's so lovely to be getting outside. Like you, this rain then sun then rain weather is frustrating me so I've not been out much, but the kids have played in the garden. Hopefully we'll get some sun and everyone will be outside soon! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so good that they can do their own thing and chose. I can understand the worry. My boys love moon sand and I like.it because it is a nice texture X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your girls have been getting out and about. I'm not quite sure I'm ready for playing out yet. Hopefully we are some way off of that. I hope next week brings lots of sunshine for them to continue enjoying being out #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weeds have been ridiculous this year, we have them growing on the lawn as well as the patio ! It's great that the girls have wanted to play out so much, I bet they have been in and out with the strange weather we have been having. Have a lovely weekend x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that your girls have been enjoying being outside playing so much. The weather certainly hasn't been the best - typical British summer! Love the sound of the moon sand :-) #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just how I remember the summer holidays of my own childhood and certainly how my own were growing up. Even now they never spend a day indoors, instead always dashing in and out if only for a bounce on the trampoline - even in the rain! It sounds like your girls have come up with a couple of good games outside that is keeping them amused and enjoying each other's company - long may it continue!

    Thank you for sharing such simple pleasures at #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... It's so lovely to have sometime on your own isn't it. I know what you mean about the weather - I really wish that my kids would be as adventurous as your too. I could do with some time on my own. lol! x #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like my mummy's childhood, she used to spend her time out, out. Often she'd be found several streets away playing man hunt and water bomb games. Nowadays it's hard not to worry. Sounds like they are enjoying their summer away from the screen! Popping over from #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine are the same at the moment, they just want to be outside all the time. It is a bit strange here though as we don't have a private garden and last week we had a conference here with around 900 people, so our front courtyard was full of kids! Mich x #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather has drove us nuts! It's been really odd. We haven't been out much but it's suppose to be a little better this week so fingers crossed! It sounds like your little ones have had a wonderful, love the moon sand! #CountryKids

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh I wish my kids were like that. The only times they have been off computer games is when I have organised things for them to do things. Sounds like yours have had a lot of outdoor fun. #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  13. Children enjoying themselves has to be one of the best sounds ever! Glad they're enjoying each others company outside #countrykids

    ReplyDelete
  14. My kids love it in the garden too, it's much better for them too, getting all that fresh air. I've just bought a new garden table and chairs so hopefully I'll be joining them more too. I can imagine how you worry when Becky goes out alone, my girls don't like to venture far but the Little Man is always asking to play outside the front with the bigger kids!!
    catching up on #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's great to play outdoors. Like the sound of the moon sand and my eldest loves the park.#CountryKids

    ReplyDelete