Friday 28 July 2017

We have had a relaxed week. #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:
I have said in my last couple of Word of the Week posts that as soon as school finishes I am sure all the stress I was feeling would disappear. We had the suspected ADHD to deal with and a boy in Becky's school being a bit creepy. Just as I thought as soon as we were walking home from school last week I felt relieved.

We baked scones, cupcakes and Ice cream cone cakes which I have a whole post about next week....We also tried out a gorgeous apron that was sent to us. We played computer games - The Sims mostly. Ellie came up with a great idea of making a town full of Disney princesses and houses for them...It kept her so busy and also made me want to play again....We've had a pj day, watched films and found time to have a look around the market.


Stu has had the week off work too....He has been working in the bathroom. Painting and regrouting the tiles which were looking a bit old and worn....He did start on Wednesday but got a bit distracted when he noticed the toilet was blocked....Ugh.

He spent about 3 hours trying to unblock it and the drain outside. It didn't help that it was raining. At about 2pm he gave up, admitted defeat and we started ringing around local drain unblocking companies....Lots never answered, some said it will be next week before we get to you and quite a few were going to charge us over £100 for a 10 minute job. We ended up ringing Northumbrian Water who kindly sent someone out within a couple of hours and said we would only be charged if the blockage was on our property.....It turns out it wasn't....The blockage was in the back street away from our house. Phew. If only we had rang the water board first...

Even with the drama of the blocked drain it has been a really relaxed week....The girls have been so happy and have been getting along which in turn has made me happy...It has been a great start to the holidays....I hope the rest of the holidays continue like this. Next week I have a few things planned to keep the girls occupied.


16 comments :

  1. Snap. We've had a relaxed week too. How lovely to have baking sessions. The cones look amazing and I bet they were fun to make. Glad the blockage turned out OK in the end. #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely way to start the holidays. Thank you x

      Delete
  2. It sounds just perfect, so glad you managed to switch off and relax, may it continue through the holidays! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good...We have been having a lovely time. Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Sounds a perfect to me, I need a good rest after school term. X #WOTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've had a great start to the summer holidays and that a relaxing week was just what was needed. Glad to hear the blocked drain got sorted out quickly too. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really needed to relax and it has been brilliant. Thank you x

      Delete
  5. Oh that's a great word for the first week of the summer holidays! I'd say ours has been busy! & slightly chaotic! But I'm not pulling my hair out just yet, so that's good. I hope it continues for the rest of the holidays for you and you have a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear things are going well...Not pulling your hair out is a good sign. hehehe Thank you x

      Delete
  6. It's nice to relax :) love the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ice cream cone cakes look amazing! I think a pj day too sounds perfect for the beginning of the summer holidays - hopefully the next 5 weeks are just as relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fab and didn't last long at all. Week 2 seems to be just as relaxed. Thank you x

      Delete
  8. I love that feeling when you can finally relax when school finishes. No rushing around and staying in PJs all day if you want to, bliss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders when the final school bell rang. Thank you x

      Delete