Friday 7 July 2017

This week has had a few surprises. #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


This week has had a few surprises....Some good and some not so good....

Over the weekend Ellie wrote her birthday list...Eek! It was quite an epic one....She obviously isn't getting half the things on it but it did give me a lot of ideas.....


I went on Amazon looking for things on her list and thought some things seemed really expensive so I Googled them and it turns out that something which was £25 on Amazon was only £19 on Tesco....It's only a few pound difference but money is tight so every penny counts....I went on Tesco for one thing and ended up buying so much more....hehehe She will be very happy when he birthday comes....She has a lot of surprises and things she has asked for....

Becky started the week off at school finding out that she was having end of year exams this week...Eek! I am sure she must have been told previously but probably wasn't listening....She came home one day quite worried that she didn't do too well. I asked her if she had answered all the questions and she had. I said you tried your best then. That's all you can do!

Ellie got her end of year report....I felt a sense of dread when I was handed the envelope....Ellie is brilliant but she is not academic. She is bright but just doesn't apply herself enough in school but it turns out she is not doing as bad as I thought.....In fact she is doing way better than I ever imagined. I am very proud of her. 

Ellie's favourite soft toy "Monkey" had a lovely surprise this week....She has been going on for months that he hasn't had a birthday so when I won a cake from Bakerdays I had the best idea. Monkey would have a birthday....lol I know I am daft for doing something like this but it put the biggest smile on my girls face.


Ellie had a day off school yesterday....When she came out fo school she said her eye was strange and blurry....I told her to give it a rub and thought nothing of it....We got home and within 10 minutes she was complaining of a sore head. I gave her Calpol and she laid on the settee....I realised then that she was having a migraine. The poor love. It didn't take her long to start feeling and being sick. She amazingly hit the sick bowl every time....hehehe She eventually fell asleep and woke up feeling much better....Just before midnight she was awake again complaining of feeling sick. She spent the night with me in my bed and we both had an unsettled night which meant we had a lazy day yesterday. Snoozing and watching films....It was lovely! She is going back to school today.


6 comments :

  1. Happy birthday to Monkey, what a lovely gesture and fab mum you are! I am loving the length and detail of that birthday list, I can imagine your face when presented with it! Well done to Ellie on her report and I'm sure Becky's done well - as you say, you can only do your best x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monkey's birthday was a brilliant idea! Glad Ellie is feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased to hear Ellie is doing well. That list crackled me up, go her with detail, wowzers! That cake is epic! X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that is a very concise birthday list!! Migraine's area nasty aren't they, hope she doesn't get anymore. Popping over from #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor Ellie, migraines are horrible. Hope she is feeling better now and glad that she is doing so well at school. How lovely that you gave Monkey a birthday cake. Good luck to Becky with her exam results - as long as she tried her best, that's all you can ask for x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving that dedication for her birthday list, which reminds me I really need to get my son to do his soon (will be scribbled on a scrunched up piece of paper no doubt). That cake is fantastic and love that you did it for monkey. Ah migraines are nasty so it must have been horrid seeing Ellie go through it. Hope she doesn't suffer again x

    ReplyDelete