Thursday 1 June 2017

What I loved in May!

May has just gone in a flash.....I can't believe we are in June already. I say it all the time but this year seems to be going so quickly....It needs to just slow down again. I am not ready to start thinking about shopping for my girls birthdays which I need to start by the end of this month....Eek!


Three Girls.

In the middle of May I spent three evenings watching BBC drama Three Girls.

Powerful drama based on the experiences of three of the vulnerable young girls who were groomed, sexually abused and trafficked by British Pakistani men in Rochdale and of the failure of the authorities to do anything about it. 

I am so glad they didn't show it over 3 weeks. I don't think I could have taken it. Those poor girls! It was shocking and I felt sick to my stomach. They did a fantastic job of telling the story and the acting was amazing! I just hope those girls have managed to put their lives back together.....

Belvita Soft Bakes.

I have mentioned in the past that I am rubbish at eating breakfast but I have found myself eating one or two of these when I get up.....They are very filling and keep me going until nearly lunchtime. My favourites are the chocolate chip one's and the red berry one's....


Delicious soft and chewy bakes, made from 5 of the finest wholegrains....With proven slow release carbohydrate, as part of a balanced breakfast....Rich in Cereals, Source of Fibre, Source of Vitamin B6 and Folic acid, Magnesium, Iron, Made with wholegrain

The only thing I don't like about them now is the price....When I started buying them from Tesco they were half price. They are now £2.79 for five....

My girls growing up.

I don't like that they are growing up but it's happening and there's nothing I can do about it.....They are both doing me proud. 


I blogged about Why I love having a teenager....If you ask me this week I would only go as far as saying I liked having a teenager....Teens with PMT are no fun at all. Hormones running wild. lol

Ellie my 9 year old is becoming more independent. Last month she started walking home alone from an after school club with her friend....She has been fantastic apart from one time where she was a few minutes late which had me panicking....

We also had a night out at a family party and the girls had great fun spending hours getting ready. Hair being curled/straightened, outfits being picked and arguments about high heeled boots....hehehe

Calippo Mini Strawberry And Vanilla.

Every summer I seem to discover a new ice lolly which I become obsessed with. This year it is this one!


It is simply vanilla ice cream and strawberry fruit ice which tastes amazing! They will be keeping me cool all summer.

Caroline Hirons.

Caroline Hirons is a beauty blogger/vlogger.....I have absolutely no interest in beauty things but I love this woman's weekly vlogs....I have went back an watched them from the beginning....hehehe I love that she flits from cleaning her house with Dettol and doing the big shop to going for business meetings and flying all around the world for her work. She has such a fabulous life but still seems pretty grounded.....When I grow up I want to be like her!



What did you like in May?

5 comments :

  1. I'm sure my eldest daughter would be keen on trying those calippos. I also think I may try that breakfast option you mention. #mmbc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, those calippos sound good. Kids grow up so quickly, but it just seems to creep up on us all of a sudden

    ReplyDelete
  3. The year is going so fast isn't it! I feel like we've enjoyed lots of sunshine in May which has been lovely, I hope that it lasts for the rest of the summer. I like the look of the Belvita soft bakes, I might have to keep an eye out for them when they are on special offer!

    ReplyDelete