Tuesday 30 May 2017

I love the warmer weather but..

All winter I complain about the cold and now it has started to feel like summer too I am still complaining....I have decided my favourite season is Autumn.....We don't seem to have a spring now. It went straight from winter to summer weather. No in-between.


I have to shave my legs....
All winter I can get away without shaving my legs....Now it's warmer, even thought I rarely show my legs outside I will wear shorts around the house.....If I didn't shave my legs I know someone would knock at the door and see my hairy, beastly legs....

I have to wear nicer clothes....
In the winter I can hide under a coat on the school run....No one see's my top with the bleach stain, no one will see my old woolly jumper with holes in....When it is warmer I have to wear "nice" clothes and I can't get away with wearing the same t-shirt 3 times a week even if I wash it after every day....Ugh.

I can't sleep properly....
Years ago I would quite happily sleep naked but with kids who will just walk in the bedroom I don't now. Even in a nighty or shorts and vest top I am too hot....I can't sleep without a duvet on me. I have tried just a sheet but I like the weight of something....

We have arguments over ice lollies....
I stock the freezer with ice lollies and of course when there is just one of one type left the kids will try to fight to the death over it.....

There is boob sweat....
I have had such a giggle with my teen over the last week about boob sweat....This is the first year that she has worn proper bras and she is feeling the pain that boob sweat. hehehe She said she has had enough of being a woman already! She's 14! She know's nothing yet.

The bugs come in....
Obviously I like to have the windows open when it is warm but that means that bugs come in....We've had bee's, flies and so many spiders. I do not like insects. Flies I can just about put up with but the rest have to be removed by anyone who is not me!

Food is rubbish....
I love hearty casseroles, stews and big roast dinners but I don't want to cook them when it's hot even though I would eat them....hehehe 

There is the pressure to do something outside....
I feel guilty if we stay indoors when the sun is shining....we should be outside enjoying the sunshine but sometimes I just don't want to....

I always burn....
I was out on the school run last week for 20 minutes. Of course I forgot to put sun cream on and the back of my neck caught the sun and all evening it felt like it was on fire. When I do put sun cream on there is somewhere that I always miss....Grr!

Do you like the hot weather?

8 comments :

  1. I know what you mean about the whole outside thing. I like to be outside sunbathing - but that's about it. And eating outside it?! I'm not a fan of going alfresco but everyone seems to love it! Not me. I don't think us Brits are ever happy no matter what the weather are we?! :) #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh! I hate eating outside....The kids love it though.
      Nope we are never happy with the weather. hehehe
      Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Yea I totally agree with you. I hate shaving my legs...but I like the pretty dresses #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! Shaving legs is such a chore...
      Thank you x

      Delete
  3. I so relate to your post, although it has been nice to go outdoor swimming again. Makes me feel like I'm on holiday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh! Outdoor swimming sounds fantastic!
      Thank you x

      Delete
  4. I am so with you on this, there has been no gradual ease into the warmth has there! I don't mind the heat normally but school runs are a bit of an effort being hot and sweaty! THanks for linking up to the #bestandworst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No there hasn't...It was freezing and then roasting. No in-between!
      Ugh! The school runs are the worst in this heat! lol
      Thank you x

      Delete