Friday 31 March 2017

Holidays. #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is:


I have had a lovely week.....Stu has been off work, using his holidays up before the end of the month and the new working year starts. As much as he has been here I hardly saw him for the first part of the week. He was busy decorating Becky's bedroom. I have a whole blog post next week about it but she loves it and I am struggling to get her out of her bedroom now....Eek. 


We are also on the countdown to the Easter holidays. My girls start their holidays a week today and we are ready for the break from school....We don't have much planned but I am sure we will find plenty to do. I have heard it is supposed to be the hottest Easter ever....Hooray! I think it might be. As I am writing this it is grey and it keeps raining but it seems so warm....

Next week is a busy week at school for Ellie.....Well it starts today. She is playing her trombone in a music festival and singing in the choir today. There are awards and trophies to be won. Then next week we have the Easter concert, her parents evening, a trip to a church, she's making Easter bonnets and who knows what else. Poor Becky doesn't have much planned at school....It really is more fun at primary school when it comes to special occasions.

In other news.....

We were supposed to be at the hospital next week for the girls heart check up....I was meant to rearrange it again. They do insist on sending us appointments for 9am which would be fine but it takes us at least two hours to get there which would mean leaving the house at 7am and being up for about 5am. No, no, no. They were quick to send new appointments out....The next one they have with 2 appointments on the same day is the middle of August. Eek! At least the girls won't have to miss any school but it just goes to show how common heart problems are in children....

Today we are getting new gas & electric meters fitted.....I don't know if I've mentioned it but our gas meter is broken. It turns out it has been stuck on the same numbers since August. Eek! We only realised this when we got the winter bill and we were only charged twenty something pounds for 3 months....I felt a right wally ringing up saying "I don't think you are charging me enough". lol We're also getting a fancy new smart meter. Stu can deal with the engineer....I'm going to meet my friends for a catch up so I can stay out of the way... hehehe


14 comments :

  1. I can't wait to see Becky's bedroom, the preview looks amazing. Enjoy your busy week in the lead up the holidays x
    #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks fantastic! She loves it too which is a bonus. hehehe
      Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Ellie does sound busy. So true that primary sets up so many fun activities. We only have one week left too, until Easter holidays. Becky's room looks awesome. I'm sure she'll come out eventually! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a jam packed week....Primary school is so much fun.
      Thank you x

      Delete
  3. Wise move to go out and leave the engineer to Stu! The bedroom looks fab, no wonder Becky wants to stay in there! My two break up next Friday, too, so we are counting down! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! I hate it when workmen are in, switching off the electric. Eesh!
      Thank you x

      Delete
  4. You do right getting out if the way whilst they fit it, and yes they are early appointments when you have a 2 hour trip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have told the hospital for at least 7 years we can't get there before about 11am. They put it on our notes but nobody reads them. lol
      Thank you x

      Delete
  5. I hope the heart check up goes all really well. We've broken up already. Ours are usually later so not sure why they're different this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky's bedroom looks amazing! Hope Ellie enjoys the last week at school before the Easter holidays - it does sound like a busy one and yes, primary school is much more fun in the run-up to holidays than secondary school. It's crazy how quickly heart appointments fill up isn't it - we are always at the mercy of the standard booking system - every time I've tried to rearrange, the next available appointment is always too far away given how frequent Jessica's appointments need to be at the moment. Makes you realise though how many children they must be seeing. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      It does make you realise how many kids are being seen. It's quite scary.

      Delete
  7. Becky's room looks amazing, and to think that it was all done by Stu. Amazing!
    Gosh, I don't think I check our numbers on our meter. Fancy getting a bill for only £20 in winter...I hope they don't want any shortfall all back in one go!
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He worked so hard...
      They are issuing us with a bill over the next few days...Eek! I have been putting a little bit away since we found out about the error so we should be OK. x

      Delete