Monday 17 October 2016

My favourite concert! #Blogtober16

I am taking part in Blogtober16 and will be writing posts with various themes/prompts throughout October....Today's prompt is The favourite concert you have attended....

I have only ever been to 4 proper concerts in my life....Two of them was seeing One Direction with Becky. Once in Sunderland and again in Newcastle and twice to see Bon Jovi with my friends.....

My favourite concert was the first time I went to see Bon Jovi in 2011....I was at my friends house and we were talking about Bon Jovi and the concert and my other friend encouraged me to get a ticket.....hehehe After a few glasses/bottles of wine I didn't need any encouragement! I was up for it.....

On the 22nd of July two of my friends, her husband and her cousin who is now a friend travelled to Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh, Scotland. It was a bit of a trek and took about 3/4 hours....

Obviously we had quite a few pre-concert drinks....hehehe We were out without children, in a different country.


As I had bought my ticket late the best one I could get was in the seated area....My friends were in the standing area....I was worried about being alone but I needn't have have been. My friend showed all the tickets in one go and we all got ushered the same way....I made it into the standing area with my friends. Hooray!!

It had rained a lot on the 22nd of June so much so my friend came prepared with disposable macs for us all....The runway which Jon Bon Jovi would have ran up and down was soaked and a bit of a health hazard.....He had his leg in a brace anyway from injuring it in Finland so he just stayed on the main stage....It didn't ruin the show though! 


All my favourite songs were sung and we danced a lot! I had such an amazing time!


We didn't get back home until the early hours of the morning....I had a few hours sleep woke up with such a hangover and hobbled on the school run....After spending about 3 hours dancing and hours before that walking and standing I was in agony but it was all worth it....

This isn't my video. I found it on YouTube. It sums up what the atmosphere was like.....


We did it all again a couple of years later but it was closer to home just up the road in Sunderland.....hehehe

Bon Jovi has a new album coming out in a couple of weeks and we're hoping he is going to announce his UK tour shortly afterwards!


3 comments :