Thursday 3 March 2016

The Supervet is Super!

Lately I have become obsessed with watching The Supervet. Have you seen it? I was watching it at a lunchtime last week and the week before but they seem to have stopped showing it again. I think they were old episodes....I don't care. They were new to me. I'm slowly working my way through the one's which are on catch up.

It follows the work of vet Noel Fitzpatrick and his team working on some of the hardest to cure pets from across the country....


It was actually my girls who got me watching it....The love medical TV shows and Ellie caught it on TV once. She saw him doing an operation and she was hooked....She showed Becky it and she loved it too....They have been watching it for a while....I have heard them talk about it....

During half term they were wanting to watch something on TV and decided to watch Operation Ouch which is on CBBC which is also a medical programme. I went in the kitchen to do something and came back in the living room and they were glued to the TV. I started to take notice and thought this TV show is a bit in-depth and dramatic for a CBBC show....The man was operating on someone/something called Henry....I thought it was a child. I thought they were still watching Operation Ouch....No, no. They were watching The Supervet which they had downloaded off the Sky Planner....lol

The few minutes I saw then got me hooked.....By the end of the episode I was crying and I think I have cried at nearly every episode I've seen since....

The Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick seems such a lovely man....He always has a hug for the pet owners and seems so caring, funny and is a bit of a genius at fixing poorly pets....He actually puts false legs on animals which absolutely amazed me....On dogs and cats!! It turns out dogs can have double hip replacements....Animals can have chemotherapy and before watching this I didn't know that and if a cat drinks anti-freeze you give it vodka and it will survive!

I wouldn't want to see an animal come to harm but I am not a huge animal lover so this isn't a show I would usually watch but I love it....It is so heartwarming. I hope it is back on TV soon....

No comments :

Post a Comment