Wednesday 2 September 2015

Summer is over.....Back to school!


Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks the summer holidays have flown over.....I really don't want my girls to go back to school....Can we just start the holidays again please I wasn't ready!

The past six or so weeks have been brilliant and rubbish at the same time....The weather has been pretty rubbish and for about 5 weeks I wasn't feeling too good....Lady problems. I had great plans for the summer holidays....I wrote our summer bucket list and out of the 25 things I listed we did a grand total of 8 things.....Go us! lol There's always next year!!

Instead we played a lot of Minecraft and The Sims.....We watched so many films.....My highlights were Postman Pat and Paddington.....We had late nights and often slept until gone 10am.....We had a lot of PJ days....Did crafts....Played with Lego.....Baked and went to the park a few times. Holidays are all about relaxing and we did just that!

 
I think I tried to put too much pressure on myself trying to plan a lot of things....My girls are getting older and don't want a lot of structured activities.....They are quite happy doing their own thing.....That's my lesson learned for next summer!

It really doesn't matter that we didn't have the days out or did the exciting things I planned.....The girls still had the best summer....Best ever they say! They are happy and that is all that matters.....

Ellie is back at school today.......Becky goes back tomorrow. As she is going into year eight she goes back a day later than everyone else....In her school there are only the new year 7's and 10's in today....

The years the girls are in at school this time seem pretty uneventful....Becky in year 8 and Ellie in year 4.....The girls don't have any big changes, anything exciting or scary happening...Last year Becky started Secondary school...The year before she had her SATS and left primary school.....The year before Ellie started in Year one which is in the proper school.....The year before she started Reception and the year before nursery.....All big milestones.....This year we have a quiet year.....I hope!

I'm counting down until the next school holidays.....About six weeks to go....Until then it's back to the early mornings, school runs, homework and early nights....

14 comments :

  1. I feel like the holidays have gone by so quickly too. I also had so many things planned but due to the weather we have not even done half of them , my eldest was happy to just spend time with her friends and stay up late watching Netflix and having lazy mornings though. She is also going into year 8 it sounds so grown up doesn't it , they are still are baby's though even if they are almost teenagers xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Year 8 does sound so grown up....It makes me feel so old. lol

      Delete
  2. Such lovely photos of your holidays together, I like it when thins aren't too planned and you can just enjoy it. It has gone so quick!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally resonate with you on it being back to early nights and mornings. That's what I find tough. Yep the weather was crap and I 100% agree it went way way way too fast. Love the photos.
    Last year we had an amazing Sept and October so there was scope to do things after school and at weekends, but Aaron wore a jacket too and from school today something he did not do till November last year. So yep even with your leading image, SUMMER IS OVER< you are sadly right again :-(
    Liska xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The weather has been so bad hasn't it....I've had the heating on recently which we don't usually start using until later in the year.....

      Delete
  4. I have to agree the school holiday's have gone pretty fast, but I'm really looking forward to them getting back into a routine (Monday) and me getting a break. Only one of mine is at school, the other at nursery 2 days and week... she starts next year eck! xx

    Kate | A British Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they have settled back into school and nursery!

      Delete
  5. Yep back to early mornings and grumpy afternoons for us I think. Counting down til half term already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to count exactly how many weeks we've had off and do it a couple of times. I'm pretty sure we've had 6 and it has gone by in the blink of an eye!! It looks like you've had a brilliant summer even if it's been unplanned in bits. Here's to a lovely autumn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed your summer. Ours didn't go as planned either and I too think that I tired to plan to much this year. The weather also really let us down. I'm going with a more relaxed approach next year x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the relaxed approach from now on....Thank you!

      Delete