Friday 22 May 2015

Unexpected - My Word of the Week.... #WotW

This week my word of the week is:


What is with the weather?! I got caught in the rain on Monday and got soaked to the skin....I didn't take an umbrella or a coat with a hood because it was fine when I left the house....It rained the whole school run and 5 minutes after I got back into the house the sun was shining and it was dry again....Grr!

On Tuesday we had it all....Sun, rain, wind, thunder, lightning and hailstones the size of grapes....I might be exaggerating about the size of them but they were big and I wouldn't fancy being hit on the head by them....

Would someone please inform Mother Nature that we are nearly in June and some nice weather is expected!

Ellie had her class assembly yesterday which was all about bones....I was feeling rather angry about half way through....It's always the same kids who have the speaking parts and good parts in these assemblies and I thought the same was happening again as everyone was doing something apart from Ellie....

I was so wrong....Towards the end 6 kids including Ellie sung and danced to the song "Dem Bones" I couldn't have been happier....Then at the end Ellie had her own little solo to do.....Someone was reading about muscles in the arms and she putting the actions to the words.....I was so proud. 



The girls have had their moments this week but on the whole they have been behaving and got on well....They made cakes together and have played a fair bit of Minecraft without arguments. Hooray!

Apart from the weather it has been a great week! Today they break up for half term so we're rather excited.....We don't have much planned....In fact we have nothing at all planned.....A week of just relaxing, maybe a trip to the park and just enjoying the break!

The Reading Residence

15 comments :

  1. I sometimes feel like that with school and always the same kids but glad she got her solo bit & great song - my mom always used to sing it!!!
    Weather is just crazy. So long as no rain I'm happy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather has been bonkers hasn't it? We've had the dark skies, rain, hail and sun too - all very dramatic. I hope it gets its act together pretty soon too! Glad the assembly worked out and well done to Ellie for doing well - enjoy half-term! #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw well done Ellie,
    I hope you all have an awesome half term, it's nice to just chill out isn't it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been an odd week for weather hasn't it! My poor plants don't know if they're coming or going!

    Helen - #wordoftheweek

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Ellie, it sounds like she did a great job. Hope you have a good half term x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, what is with the weather?! It sounds like an unexpectedly good week other than that though! Enjoy your half term x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what is with this weather?! I really hope it's better next week so that the kids and I can enjoy the garden and get out to the park. We will see! Glad Ellie did well in her assembly, too :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww well done Ellie! Bet that was great to see! The weather is just plain annoying at the mo. Where are you sun? See what next week brings xxx #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice surprise to see Ellie taking centre stage. A good kind of unexpected. Hope the weather is good this half term. #Wotw

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, well done Ellie! I bet that was so nice to watch =)
    I hope you get to enjoy your relaxing half term week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't it always the way that it rains just at the point that you need to go on the school run? A big well done to Ellie for her school assembly, sounds like she did brilliantly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. To be honest I thought we'd gone back to Autumn! Well done Ellie :) you must have been so proud :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so with you, on the weather front (see what I did there??). I have no idea what to wear for the school run, or what to put the boys in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with the weather. Got soaked on that rain as well and I was feeling so poorly after being exposed to that rain! Glad to hear than other than the weather everything is well and good =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kim, I don't miss the English weather one bit, but even the weather over here has been below par for the time of year. I bet you were the proud Mum, especially after thinking that your daughter had nothing to do! Hope you have a great half term .

    xx

    ReplyDelete