Friday 8 May 2015

My Word of the Week - Improved #WotW

This week my Word of the Week is....


Ellie's behaviour has never been the best at home and at school....It all came to a head and the school have came up with a new tactic....They have given her a "behaviour book" where they write in how she has been behaving in each lesson and at play times....I also get to write in it about any bad or really good behaviour she does at home.....Breakfast time and bedtime are the problems for me....

Anyway she has had this book all week and it is amazing her behaviour has improved greatly!.....It's like we have a totally different girl.....She is working better at school and at home she is thinking more about her actions, arguing less and actually going to sleep when she should be.....I don't know how long it is going to work for but while it lasts I am secretly cheering!! 

We have new neighbours....The old one's moved out late last week! Hooray! They were noisy, smelly and lazy! New people moved in yesterday!.....I've only seen a man but I have heard a woman's voice in the back yard....They seem ok but we'll see what the weekend brings. lol It is a great improvement from the last lot....hehehe

The screen on my laptop has been a bit temperamental since Stu replaced the mother board ages ago.....There was a loose wire somewhere and sometimes if I pressed the keys too hard the screen would flicker.....He's had a fiddle and he seems to have fixed it....It's not perfect but it is improved to what it was....

There isn't really much to write about this week....We have just been plodding along quite happily with life....

The Reading Residence

24 comments :

  1. Sounds good to me. I hope that book's effect would last really long and hope that your new neighbors are awesome =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still seems to be working so that's good and I've not heard a peep from the neighbours. Happy days x

      Delete
  2. It's nice to have more uneventful weeks sometimes though, glad there's been behavioural improvements - hope they continue #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great about improved behaviour, fingers crossed it continues x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this is good news. I do hope it keeps working, I may pinch this idea for my middle boy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fantastic! It is still working....Hooray!
      Good luck x

      Delete
  5. Sounds good all round then. I hope that Ellie's behaviour continues to improve and makes your life a little easier, too x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been so much easier....When she is well behaved everyone seems happier :) x
      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Ahh lovely, well done Ellie you must be very proud :-)

    Helen - #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done to Ellie and sometimes it is nice to have uneventful weeks I think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been nice having an uneventful week....It makes a nice change! Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Well done Ellie! The Behaviour Book is a good idea, I did something similar with my daughter after the success my stepson had at Grammar School. Last year he spent most of the school year on negative report for behaviour so at the end of every lesson his teachers would say what he did wrong in class. Then at the start of this school year they put him on positive report and he was a changed person. He started to get merit points and was even invited to a special afternoon tea with a few others from his school and the headmaster as a recognition of his improved behaviour. When we asked him "why the change?" he said that it was so nice to have people saying good things about him and it made him want to hear it more so he made the effort to do more good behaviour than bad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done your son....It sounds like he has really turned things around. My girl seems to be going to the same way too thankfully! x

      Delete
  9. Fingers crossed it all continues :) the Behaviour Book is a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great week for you! Well done to Ellie, keep up the good work! Good luck on the neighbour front, I hope they're really nice x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard a peep from the neighbours...Phew! So at the moment I love them. lol
      Thank you!

      Delete
  11. Lovely positive word and blog post! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Improved is a very good word for the week. Well done Ellie and glad that your new neighbours seem nice and your laptop is working a little better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have had a good week. I'm so glad Ellie is improving, I really hope it continues for you. I hope your neighbors were nice over the weekend x

    ReplyDelete