Friday, 5 December 2014

A Magical Week!

My Word of the Week this week is....


 I love December.....It is by far the most exciting months of the year.....

Our tree and decorations went up on Saturday...It took all afternoon....We managed to lose one of the legs off the tree.....Without it, it wouldn't stand.....We searched where the tree had been stored in the shoe cupboard and had a good clear out while we looked.....We were just about to give up when Ellie spotted it stuck in the tree it's self! Christmas was saved....I didn't fancy having to buy a new tree!

Monday morning our Elf on the Shelf arrived who we've named Elizabeth she arrived along with a letter and the advent calendars.....I have a blog post all about it tomorrow but the elf does have magical powers.....The kids have been on their best behavior all week....hehehe Can she stay all year?

On Tuesday the girls letters from Santa arrived.....Ellie was amazed and I thought Becky would be a bit unimpressed.... She doesn't believe in Santa anymore but she was caught up in the moment and it was so special....She forgot she didn't believe just for a minute and it was so magical to see.....

We have had the letter with all the Christmas dates on.....Christmas dinner, assemblies, carol services and parties! The last couple of weeks of term are going to be very busy!!

The excitement is building and I love it but I have been such a bad blogger this week.....I have been rubbish at reading and commenting on other blogs (I have kept up with the linkies I join but that's it).....One of the reasons I love December so much is all the Advent competitions....Usually companies run a new one every day and there are hundreds and hundreds of them each day to enter.....After entering hundreds on Monday I went to bed and dreamed about them....lol It has been worth it though....So far I have won a couple of things....I'm still crossing my fingers hoping for an Xbox....hehehe I think after reading and commenting on blogs every day all year I'm due a break.....Please don't hate me :)


26 comments :

  1. Sounds like a good week. I love this time of year, but it is busy and difficult to keep up with things.
    #WoTW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to have got a handle of things now....Phew! It is a fantastic time of year though x

      Delete
  2. Isn't it lovely when the older one's still get caught up in the magic of it all. And well done on your competition wins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful time of year. I hope you win some more competitions to make it even better for you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, it does all sounds magical! There is loads going on in schools now, hard to keep up this month! Well done on your wins, hope you have many more :) Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy! The school keeps adding things too....I'm losing track...lol
      Thank you x

      Delete
  5. Exciting! Children do make Christmas more special and fun, don't they? Love it :) #wotw. - Dean of Little Steps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do.....Christmas would be so boring without them x

      Delete
  6. Good luck with all the comps! Fingers crossed you get an Xbox :-) It certainly is a magical time of year x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I entered loads the first couple of days and didnt win a thing but a friend won a bag for me in a 'tag a friend' comp on instagram :) good luck to you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh well done! I've won a few things which I'm very happy about x

      Delete
  8. Good luck in all your competitions :) I'm still waiting for an elusive blue cookie on the Quidco trail to win something for me, Stella does better at doggy comps! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! Well done Stella! Hope you got the cookie x

      Delete
  9. Aha my theory about people cutting back on their blog time was right! I'd forgotten you were a comper - I always think I should give it a go because the more you do the more you win I guess and who doesn't enjoy winning stuff! Nice to just enjoy the season and seeing the magic of it developing for the children for sure! X #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go.....Only warning is it's addictive and eats up your time....lol

      Delete
  10. I love Christmas too - especially this countdown period! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you get up to over Christmas xx #wotw

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a lovely time of the year, watching the kids get excited is by far the best bit :) Good luck on all the competitions!! #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have lots of Christmas activities too mostly in my son's school. I am sure it will be magical as well =) #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great time x

      Delete