Tuesday 30 September 2014

Science4you Science Kits - Review!!

My girls love Science and in the past we have tried out a few kits.....When we were given the opportunity to review a couple of kits we'd never tried before we jumped at the chance....

We reviewed Slimy Factory - Slippery slugs & Water Science.


First up we tried the Water Science kit....

With 27 experiments find out the properties of water, how to create fantastic soap bubbles, how to turn a glass of water upside down without spilling it, how to make instant snow & how to make a water xylophone. 

Ellie has a thing about water so this was the ideal kit for her to show her what else water can actually do....


 Making bubbles was nearly their favourite activity but it was the artificial snow which amazed them both......


And the Magical Spheres....Even I was impressed with these....I love seeing my girls reactions when things happen which they are not expecting....


This kit was fantastic and shows kids how something as simple as water can be fun to play with as well as educational.....My girls loved it....There is enough in this kit to keep children busy for hours....I'd say it is well worth the £14.99.

Next up was the Slimy Factory - Slippery slugs kit.....

With 17 experiments find out what atoms and molecules are, which polymers are used in everyday life and how to create fantastic slippery monsters and bouncing balls. 

The girls had been itching to try this since it arrived....They loved the idea of slime and making their own bouncy balls. It did not disappoint....

They started off by making a Crazy ball which really bounced and then made Fake Fish Eggs which was a lot of fun and once again amazed them!!


Our favourite thing in this kit wasn't slime though....It was the  bouncing ball.....There was enough to make one each for the girls and they are very impressed with there creations...


This kit again is a lot of fun and costs £19.99.

Both of these kits are fantasic value for money and can give children hours of fun.....There is everything you need in the kits to do all the experiments....Well apart from water obviously and there is more than enough of the powders and such....

My girls aged 12 & 7 both enjoyed them greatly....The directions are easy to follow and even though The Slimy Factory is aimed at older children my girls managed ok with a little direction from me. They managed fine with the Water Science kit and needed little help.

Using kits like this children learn without realising.....They are fun introduction to Science....They would make fantastic gifts for Christmas....

We were sent these Science kits free of charge....This is my honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own...

23 comments :

  1. My little ones would absolutely love this Science kit. A great Xmas pressie! #Tried&Tested

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kits look great Kim! I have a wide range of kids to buy for this Xmas so will definitely consider them as pressies xx #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this looks fab, I think my older 2 boys would really love this! Popping over from #TriedTested Linky

    ReplyDelete
  4. these kits look great. I have never done any science experiments with my kids yet, but I think they'll love to give these a try #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a lot of fun.....Children actually learn without realising..

      Delete
  5. These look fab! My eldest has had a couple of chemistry kits that to be honest we've not been impressed with so its good to read a positive review x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are great....Science kits but with a lot of added fun x

      Delete
  6. These do look really good. My daughter's yet to try anything like this, as she's probably a little young still, but I might give one a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water one is more for younger kids....Lots to do with just using water and tubs and syringes.

      Delete
  7. these look amazing, think my eldest daughter would love to try these out!! #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this looks like AWESOME fun! My husband would be thrilled with it never mind the kids.
    Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehe! My fella was at work and missed out on the fun. He was gutted. lol

      Delete
  9. These look great fun for all ages. Might be a good xmas gift

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're big science fans so this kit looks amazing! I may even have to add it to a certain important list this year too! Great review. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been looking for some science toys for my sons birthday - these looks great! #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  12. My girls love Science and in the past we have tried out a few kits... esciencekits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete