Sunday 29 June 2014

A Great Weekend....

This weekend has been a good one despite the fact was Saturday ruined by the weather....We were going to go to the big fair in Newcastle but the kids wanted to go to the beach we said Ok the weather seemed lovely.....By the time we'd got to the beach it was overcast and cold...

I'm grumpy when I'm cold....We went to go to our favourite cafe but it's been turned into a fancy bistro....£12 for a burger and chips!! I don't think so! We ended up at a fish shop restaurant where the food was rank and overpriced....

We stuck it out for a couple of hours but the weather beat us....I knew I should of worn a coat!! The girls had a great day and looking back so did I despite the rubbish weather and rank food......


Sunday was better......I knew the street fair was on and said to the girls at about half two....Get yourselves sorted we're going out!!

We all had a brilliant time......Stu finished work shortly after we got there and met up with us.....The girls went on a ton of rides....Roundabouts, trampolines, bouncy castles, fun houses an more roundabouts.....They both won on hook a duck!! Hooray something to cross of my Summer Bucket List!


 Then we went on the twister ride.....It's the first time I've been able to go on a ride with the kids....They're older and I love that they can go on the bigger rides.....Yippee! 


What was I thinking! lol It started off slow and all was fine then got faster and faster like they do....Ellie was screaming she was going to fall out (she was safe and was no where near falling out)....In the next breath she was screaming she loved it...Then shouting for me to hold her....Then she wanted to go faster....Becky was squished in the middle in hysterics....She was laughing so much.....I was laughing so much....It was absolutely hilarious!

On the way home of course called for burgers, chips, dinky doughnuts.....

Now it's Sunday evening and back to the normality of routine....Trying to find the girls uniforms and getting them to bed when they're high on Candyfloss!!....

It was a great weekend!!

http://theoliversmadhouse.co.uk/magic-moments/

16 comments :

  1. From one wet Mum, to one cold Mum, I hear your chattering teeth, except you Guys are supposed to be in summer :) Enjoy your rides with your girls as I reckon you've got one summer, maybe two, when it will be fun for you, before you are left behind - my daughter has just jumped out of a plane!!
    Hook a duck, candyfloss and 99 ice-creams took me back to my childhood, what a lovely post.
    I hope your summer continues to be as much fun.
    Thanks for visiting me
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! What a lovely message!
      How brave of your daughter....So glad my two won't be doing that anytime soon...lol x

      Delete
  2. Boo to rank food! But looks like you had a great time on Sunday to make up for it, I can't wait to be able to take the kids on the bigger rides, looks like you had lots of fun :) #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...We had great fun....The kids were still so excited about it today! The sure sign of a great day out :) x

      Delete
  3. Glad to managed to enjoy Saturday in retrospect, but you do all look a lot more relaxed on Sunday, that looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had a fab time....Much more fun then Saturday! x

      Delete
  4. Looks like a lovely family weekend of outdoor fun. A coat next time to keep you warm at the beach! #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must write my own bucket list. Looks like lots of fun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh it is....A bit of a challenge is always fun x

      Delete
  6. Screw that Great British Summer weather eh ;) nothing an ice cream can't rectify! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it all turned out alright in the end for you #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fabulous day out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim this looks like such a fantastic weekend!!

    thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete